General Question Is it possible to edit the Quicksave folder?

CommanderRich

Reaction score
I have been accumulating quite a few scenarios in my Quicksave folder. Some of them I do not want, while others I would like to keep. This brings me to my question: Where does Orbiter save the Quicksave scenarios? Normally a program will store your saved games/scenarios in a seperate folder that you can later edit by deleting the files you no longer want or need. It usually also allows you to set up NEW folders to save your "special" files/saves in so that they do not get accidentally deleted.

So, basically...is it possible to edit your quicksave folder? or do you only have the ability to "empty" it, thus losing certain saves you really wanted to keep? and along with that, is it possible to set up a new sub-folder in the Quicksave folder, as a repository for your saves you do not wish to be lost.

I hope I was clear in my explanation.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Rtyh-12

Reaction score
Obviously. The Quicksave folder is located in the Scenarios folder, so you can edit it just like another Scenarios folder. I haven't tried making a subfolder in it, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work.

Hope this helps!

CommanderRich

Reaction score
Thank you. I had assumed that the Quicksave folder would be in the Scenario folder, but for some reason, when I originally looked I did not see it. I just went back and there it was. I set up a new sub-folder in the Quicksave folder and put the "special" saves I did not want to lose into it (of course I had made copies first). Then I opened the Orbiter program, hit the Clear Quicksaves button and POOF...all the saves I did not want were gone and when I opened my sub-folder containing the special saved scenarios, they were all still there. Works Perfectly.