Votes: 14 34.1%
  • No

Votes: 27 65.9%

• Total voters

Xantcha

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
As little as I can tell about a politician in a far away country - Palin is quite fond of hunting ;)

(And to avoid misunderstoodment - for obvious reasons I just don't care if she's able to be a president of USA)

EDIT:
Damn, something happened to my eyes - Jarvita already mentioned the same thing

Missioncmdr

Reaction score
As little as I can tell about a politician in a far away country - Palin is quite fond of hunting ;)

Far away? But they say that you can see Russia from Alaska on a clear day. :rofl: I assume the reverse is true. :lol:

tonykattvc

Just call me Tekwerk.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Remember, i said i had no proof. I haven't been watching tv, and the only grounds i had for saying that is that Palin is a woman and a great majority of women don't support hunting.

Eagle

The Amazing Flying Tuna Can
Reaction score
Remember, i said i had no proof. I haven't been watching tv, and the only grounds i had for saying that is that Palin is a woman and a great majority of women don't support hunting.

I think is quite safe to say that Palin is pro-hunting. c.f. her stated policies and since she enjoys hunting herself. On a side note, hunting isn't technically incompatible with conservationism, as one is an activity, and conservationism relates to hunting regulations.

pattersoncr

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I think is quite safe to say that Palin is pro-hunting. c.f. her stated policies and since she enjoys hunting herself. On a side note, hunting isn't technically incompatible with conservationism, as one is an activity, and conservationism relates to hunting regulations.

In my experience, hunters are among the most ardent conservationists.

simonpro

Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Reaction score
In my experience, hunters are among the most ardent conservationists.
Unfortunately that's true. If they shoot everything this year then they'll have nothing to shoot at next year.

(edit)
Apart from each other, which would liven up a day's hunting considerably.

bujin

Reaction score
From my point of view, the thought of Sarah Palin taking over as president in the event of the death or incapacitation of John McCain is utterly terrifying.

America (and the world) does not need "one of us" running the country. People shouldn't vote for Palin because "hey, she's just like us!" - to hold the "leader of the free world" job, you really should be phenomenally good at your job, and she simply does not seem to be even a third rate politician.

Contrary to what many people in America appear to think, "elitism" isn't a dirty word.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Contrary to what many people in America appear to think, "elitism" isn't a dirty word.

Depends on what you consider elite. Palin is sure part of one elite, though she is busy hiding it (political elite). Elite does not always mean superior skills. Often it just means superior position in a hierarchy.

I prefer meritocracies...

pattersoncr

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Unfortunately that's true. If they shoot everything this year then they'll have nothing to shoot at next year.

(edit)
Apart from each other, which would liven up a day's hunting considerably.

Hoping not to drag this too far off topic;
Some hunters are the most ardent conservationists not only out of self interest as your post implies. They actually understand nature. They know that nature is cruel. They know that preserving nature is not just about protecting the cute and fuzzy animals, its about protecting all of nature, beauty, majesty, creulty, and all.

bujin

Reaction score
Depends on what you consider elite. Palin is sure part of one elite, though she is busy hiding it (political elite). Elite does not always mean superior skills. Often it just means superior position in a hierarchy.

I prefer meritocracies...

Fair point. I did mean "elite" as in "being bloody good at your job".