Problem ISS invisible

Wrangler

Document Skimmer
Reaction score
Ok People. Either I am doing something utterly stupid, or I have a big issue (I am leaning toward the stupidity myself).

Just did a fresh install of the Orbiter, with following modules:

Orbiter Sound 3.5
DGIV
UmmU 2.0
AttitudeMFD
BasesyncMFD
AerobrakeMFD
GlideslopeMFD
XR2 Ravenstar

Today I started flying the Ravenstar, which I must say is an interesting ship. Took a few attempts but I was able to achieve orbit. Now i was able to get to the ISS. According to my instruments, I am currently around 560m from ISS (attached shot 1) and the Radar is beeping it's head off. However, ISS is not at all visible to me at this distance. Even the Platarium view is not recognizing the presence of ISS (Shot 2). However, if I switch the camera mode to ISS External view, ISS is fully rendered and visible, but now the Ravenstar is missing.

So what gives? :shrug:

Attachments

• ISS Invisible shot 1.JPG
    ISS Invisible shot 1.JPG
    183.7 KB · Views: 25
  • ISS Invisible shot 2.JPG
    ISS Invisible shot 2.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 24
  • ISS Invisible shot 3.JPG
    ISS Invisible shot 3.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 20

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Maybe I'm completely missing something...

But have you tried rotating your ship in the direction of the arrow on the HUD that's pointing toward the ISS? In screenshot 1 it's pointing up and slightly to the left...

Wrangler

Document Skimmer
Reaction score
Maybe I'm completely missing something...

But have you tried rotating your ship in the direction of the arrow on the HUD that's pointing toward the ISS? In screenshot 1 it's pointing up and slightly to the left...

Ok, Hielor you are absolutely correct. Shot 1 is a bad shot. However, I rotated the ship 360 degree in the external view. IIS was not there. You will not I said 'was'. Apparently, i just reloaded the scenario, and it is there now. I am telling you, I checked very thoroghly before this. This not like one of the document skimming that i do. I was not visible. but for some reason, it is not.

Perhaps I am stupid. :suicide:

Thanks anyway. Problem solved.... apparently.