Ive done it!! my first addon

pilotpercy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
just letting you all know ive just finished my first addon, it took a while and have to get over some major problems but its finaly done.

Just posted it on OH but it will take ~24hr to come out.

its called The Morris Lander. its a non atmospheric lander (LEM sytle) (see screen shot).

let me know what you think, all constructive critisism is welcome.

just thinking what to make for my next addon.

Attachments

• Morris lander at brighton beach.jpg
    Morris lander at brighton beach.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 146

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
Nice job! The most complex addons I'm capable of developing now are repaints.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Well Done!

Mandella

Space Cultist
Donator
Reaction score
Very nice! You have a interestingly retro approach to design that I find appealing.

Can't wait to see your next, more refined, project.

Jarvitä

Reaction score
Looks great, it could be an emergency LEO escape capsule if you care to jettison the legs and the nozzle.

doggie015

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Nice work. Welcome to the addon developer's land. Towels will be arriving tomorrow

pilotpercy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
thanks guys, in response its space craft 3. got a while to go before i reach into the realms of C++!

btw how do i get my name to go orange? is that after a certain number of addons?

Usonian

Historic Ship & Base Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Very nice! It is exciting to release your first addon. Your lander really does have a 1950s, NACA, speculative, pre-Apollo look - I like that. (Might need a little more Victorian gingerbread to be H.G. Wells, IMO. Not to mention tenticles and a heat ray.) What was you inspiration?

Make no apologies for using Spacecraft3! (I never do ;)) Although, I do hope Vinka finds it in himself to do a Spacecraft4. I am working on something now that could benefit from a virtual cockpit with four MFDs.

Did you use Anim8tor or some other 3D drafting program? This is a particularly nice model for a first go. What is your prefered program for converting to .msh? And are there any animations? (Fully articulating tenticles - now there would be a trick -- in SC3 or C++)

pilotpercy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Very nice! It is exciting to release your first addon. Your lander really does have a 1950s, NACA, speculative, pre-Apollo look - I like that. (Might need a little more Victorian gingerbread to be H.G. Wells, IMO. Not to mention tenticles and a heat ray.) What was you inspiration?

Make no apologies for using Spacecraft3! (I never do ;)) Although, I do hope Vinka finds it in himself to do a Spacecraft4. I am working on something now that could benefit from a virtual cockpit with four MFDs.

Did you use Anim8tor or some other 3D drafting program? This is a particularly nice model for a first go. What is your prefered program for converting to .msh? And are there any animations? (Fully articulating tenticles - now there would be a trick -- in SC3 or C++)

thankyou, i use anim8or to model and i downloaded a plugin to allow me to save as .msh fom anim8or then i use mesh editor to orientate the mesh correctly.

there are no animations but for my next addon im planning to include some just as soon as i work out how to do them lol.

for my next addon im planning some sort of multi stage rocket with a capsule atop, im thinking about experimenting with an inflatable heat shield.

my insperation for the lander came from a love of the LEM and some sketches i drew whilst i was in a lecture lol.

having a few problems with multistage2 atm but im seeking help in another thread "multistage 2 help"

thanks again for your intrest, if you have any other questions dont hesitate to write

Reaction score
I've been looking for something like this, thanks. I just flew this lander to Europa orbit docked to a Shuttle-A on a fictional mission to drill for ice cores. I also changed the fuel/isp settings in Morris.ini to be more realistic/challenging/more like the LEM:

EMPTY_MASS=4100
FUEL_MASS=9500
HOVER_THRUST=35000
ATTITUDE_THRUST=400
ISP=4500

Tandem

Reaction score
Hi Pilot Percy,

I like the Morris lander addon you made. I have a question about it. When I tried to add it to a scenario using the scenario editor, it shows up with out any fuel tanks. I cannot add fuel to it. I may have done something wrong but I'm not sure. Do you have any suggestions that you can think of?

Thanks.

liber

Reaction score
Website
www.bw.org
Hi Pilot Percy,

I like the Morris lander addon you made. I have a question about it. When I tried to add it to a scenario using the scenario editor, it shows up with out any fuel tanks. I cannot add fuel to it. I may have done something wrong but I'm not sure. Do you have any suggestions that you can think of?

Thanks.

Try this,open scenario file manual and add this - example:

Morris:spacecraft\spacecraft3
STATUS Orbiting Moon
RPOS -1366255.94 1774133.83 -236.53
RVEL -1172.342 -902.839 0.076
AROT 90.00 41.39 -180.00
VROT -0.00 10.00 0.00
PRPLEVEL 0:1.000 ;for full tank
NAVFREQ 0 0
RCS 1
CTRL_SURFACE 1
CONFIGURATION 0
CURRENT_PAYLOAD 0

Hm...look like scenario editor do not support upload spacecraft3...only solution if you whan to create specific scenario to tune all as you want,close orbiter and open (Current state).scn and add

morris:spacecraft\spacecraft3...

doggie015

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Try this,open scenario file manual and add this - example:

Morris:spacecraft\spacecraft3
STATUS Orbiting Moon
RPOS -1366255.94 1774133.83 -236.53
RVEL -1172.342 -902.839 0.076
AROT 90.00 41.39 -180.00
VROT -0.00 10.00 0.00
PRPLEVEL 0:1.000 ;for full tank
NAVFREQ 0 0
RCS 1
CTRL_SURFACE 1
CONFIGURATION 0
CURRENT_PAYLOAD 0

Hm...look like scenario editor do not support upload spacecraft3...only solution if you whan to create specific scenario to tune all as you want,close orbiter and open (Current state).scn and add

morris:spacecraft\spacecraft3...
That was very well said liber. Well done

pilotpercy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
hey, sorry for not posting back. been away for a bit. cheers liber for that. thankyou to everyone who has downloaded it, if anyone has any questions dont hesitate to ask.