Addon Developer
Reaction score

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Perfectly rational behaviour, whats the problem?

N.

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The best example, I think, is the legendary behavior of Marlin Brando during the filming of Apocalypse Now. Brando was actually blacklisted in Hollywood for his bad bahavior, nobody wanted to work with him, but somehow he always found someone willing to put up with his crap just one more time. And I don't think was all that great of an actor, either.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Good when he was young, probably started to believe his own publicity. Amazing how many actors/showbiz types self-destruct. Guess its a hazard of the job.

N.

steph

Reaction score
I still can't help thinking that maybe it's a bit staged. I mean, even Clarkson's on-show antics were probably staged. Or at least the people working with him had a pretty good idea of what to expect, even if his actions were spontaneous.

People above a certain age tend to switch to "realistic mode", and it's hard for me to believe Clarkson wouldn't be such a person. Even if he likes to play the crazy one, it's mostly just for show. I mean, he's probably as non-rookie as it gets in the show-biz industry. On the other hand, he really doesn't have that much to lose. He can always find another show, another channel etc. If he retired now, he'd be care-free for the rest of his life.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
And I don't think was all that great of an actor, either.

Depends... I think when you ordered Marlon Brando, you got it 100%. With all that insanity that turns into genius for a few seconds - just take Apocalypse Now as example, where everything that defined Brando in this movie had been the last 20 seconds of his appearance.

Maybe he wasn't really a good actor, but he was the best Marlon Brando. He did not just own the scenes he had been in. He conquered, looted and pillaged them. And only left scorched earth behind.

(As annoying as working with such divas can be: Without them, the world would be boring)

Evil_Onyx

Reaction score
He's been Fired.

BBC- Jeremy Clarkson dropped from Top Gear, BBC confirms

Jeremy Clarkson's contract will not be renewed after an "unprovoked physical attack" on a Top Gear producer, the BBC's director general has confirmed.
Tony Hall said he had "not taken this decision lightly" and recognised it would "divide opinion".
However, he added "a line has been crossed" and he "cannot condone what has happened on this occasion".

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Well Netflix, time to pick up The Three Stooges and make all the money.

Frilock

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Because as much as a moron as Piers Morgan is, there should never be a reward for assault.

I can think of one NASA astronaut that might disagree with you.

TachyonDriver

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
The yorkshire police are taking an interest - remains to be seen if the producer with a spit lip presses charges, ten not only has JC been fired, he could be looking at an assault charge & custodial sentence... unfortunately. I can only hope the producer doesn't make a big deal out of it, only so the coppers will have to get back to real world policing rather than showboating for the media...

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
The yorkshire police are taking an interest - remains to be seen if the producer with a spit lip presses charges, ten not only has JC been fired, he could be looking at an assault charge & custodial sentence... unfortunately. I can only hope the producer doesn't make a big deal out of it, only so the coppers will have to get back to real world policing rather than showboating for the media...

Since the police did not yet seem to have been active, I have some expectations there on the outcome of such an investigation.

"Nothing"

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
How is common assault not "real world policing"?

The problem is: The police had not been informed straight away it seems. The media rumors of Clarkson using violence sparked their interest to start an investigation into it.

It has more the taste of a public divorce than a criminal act.

Evil_Onyx

Reaction score
I think there's a difference between not renewing a contract and terminating a contract so the word "fired" seems wrong.

Well he is suspended until the end of his current contract, which basicly means he is fired, just in a way that saves the BBC some cash. Besides he will probably be hired by some other poor tv station in a week, and then be their problem.

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
As much as I understand why they did it, the BBC have still shot themselves in the foot with this one.

MattBaker

Reaction score
Either you say everything, including assault, is allowed for that guy because he makes money or you lose on loads of money. It's a Kobayashi Maru.

Frilock

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Either you say everything, including assault, is allowed for that guy because he makes money or you lose on loads of money. It's a Kobayashi Maru.

So you figure out how to cheat it.

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
As much as I understand why they did it, the BBC have still shot themselves in the foot with this one.

They couldn't afford not to act strongly on it. They're still hurting from the Yewtree fiasco.