O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Boo!

How can you hate someone who once punched Piers Morgan in the face?

Because as much as a moron as Piers Morgan is, there should never be a reward for assault.

*IF* Clarkson did indeed assault someone he should be prosecuted and fired.

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
This morning ITV reported that "Clarkson allegedly punched a producer".

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
BBC News reporting he threw a punch at a producer. Throwing and hitting are different things.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
What ever he did... I am pretty confident that the other guy did also a lot to deserve it. There are always two sides of the story and from what I can tell, Clarkson is maybe not always the brightest bulb in the lighter, but most issues had been about him trying to be funny (in a very plump way... often straight derogatory) , not about him being aggressive. Especially the Piers Morgan episode had a pretty long prologue.

MattBaker

Reaction score
Why would I want to make business with somebody who thinks hitting me in the face is justified? I'd see no reason to keep a person like that around...

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
3ohAHzL.jpg

The real tragedy of the situation.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Why would I want to make business with somebody who thinks hitting me in the face is justified? I'd see no reason to keep a person like that around...

I would see no reason to make business with a person that I would like to hit into the face.

But then, BBC is not the free enterprise.

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Who will own the rights to the content of Top Gear if they part way permanently? Will BBC be able to continue to sell the series?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Who will own the rights to the content of Top Gear if they part way permanently? Will BBC be able to continue to sell the series?

Not without also paying the share of Clarkson.

Linguofreak

Reaction score
I don't really watch the show, but the guy shown in the pictures in the BBC article is the one that the various short clips I've seen have conditioned me to think of when I hear the name of the show. Given that he is such a big part of the show's public image, I wouldn't be surprised if this pretty much kills the show.

As for Clarkson himself, if he was stupid enough to not only punch someone at work, but to punch someone higher up in the hierarchy, I really have to wonder what he expected to happen.

romanasul

Reaction score
It's too bad, I love Top Gear. I really enjoy how they make fun of everything and everyone as well the amazing exotic vehicles they have on the show and the idiotic stuff they to to them.

hutchison66

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Jeremy Clarkson

People have trying to get him off TV for years he hosts the most watched show in the world and they don't like him cause he speaks his mind. They love freedom of speech when you agree with their environmental message. Bet it was some twenty something or other put in to keep Clarkson polically correct.
When Top Gear was a so called proper car program nobody watched it and it was cancelled if you want a proper car review read which car magazine

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
They love freedom of speech when you agree with their environmental message.

Funnily, Clarkson is pretty environmentalist by heart... But he only thinks really green, when it is about the landscape around him. Maybe something like "All others should stop killing my trees with their car exhaust, but my large fun car should be an exception".

:rofl:

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score

Because great reward (lots of money) often comes with great risk (being punched upside the kisser).

The history of the entertainment world is replete with difficult-to-work-with jerks who are tolerated for their great talent and ability to hold a fanbase and make money for their associates and employers. Sports world, too, for that matter.

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
The history of the entertainment world is replete with difficult-to-work-with jerks who are tolerated for their great talent and ability to hold a fanbase and make money for their associates and employers. Sports world, too, for that matter.

Especially noteworthy is the difficult relationship between Werner Herzog and Klaus Kinski, which Werner documented in "My best fiend"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0200849/

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Eh, he deserves to have his ass kicked. He's no more important than anyone else, even if that's what he thinks. I hope they drop him.