LaunchMFD Launch MFD AP for Shuttle Atlantis

fatcat

Reaction score
A basic question that i can't find the answer to, that may lead to the second question.

Enjo et all,

Does the Launch MFD Autopilot (for 2016) control the stock Shuttle Atlantis?
I am able to get it to control azimuth and pitch for the Delta Glider by pitching up and waiting till the speed builds up, then the AP kicks in. (At least that what i think enables it),

But does the autopilot control the Shuttle?

If it does, what is the method of getting it to activate please?
fatcat
:headbang:

Last edited:

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
Can't you smell my T levels?
Long story short, I don't think it will work properly. At least it didn't work for me.
In theory for Atlantis you should create a pitch program as a text file (more on this in manual) and make sure, that the duration of the pitch program lasts a tiny bit longer than the SRB separation. After the pitch program is over, the PEG kicks in up to orbital insertion.

You have to enable the AP (the pitch program's and PEG's aggregate) before starting the engines.

foundpra

Reaction score
At some point I'll write up and post my deorbit shuttle from ISS and land at KSC protocols...

Re: launch -- in v. 2016, use AscentAP. Easy to use. Works with default Shuttle. Use orbit alt = 350e3 (350,000 ft), azimuth = 137. Then use launch into sunrise scenario. Fast forward to 12500 seconds (sim time), then hit L for launch at 12610 seconds. This will put you in an excellent orbit to dock with ISS.

There's lots more to it, but this should get you going...

Cheers!