Question Leaving For College

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Hi Guys:

I am leaving for college in about five days to go study aerospace engineering, which has been my life goal since I discovered orbiter on the internet, over three years ago.

I would like to thank you, all of you, for inspiring this wonderful goal in me. At the beginning of my high school(14 to 18 years old), my highest aspirations were a two year degree in digital art. Now i plan on getting a masters degree in both engineering and in business. Also, at the beginning of high school my extent computer programing was installing flight simulator addons. After my discovery of orbiter, in my second year of high school I began learning about programing and computers in general. Since then, I have learned:

C++
C#
C
Python
PHP
FORTRAN
BASIC
and Assembly(6510/6502,8086)

I have also completely designed a computer from the JK flip-flop up.

So, once again thank-you for all your contributions to the orbiter community and for the life changing inspiration you have given me.

I want you to know that you have earned my highest level of respect, and I wanted to know if you have any advice for me, as I start the greatest adventure of my life so far.

“The best thing I learned from school is: scientia potestes est.”
-Matthew Hume

Thanks.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Wow. After 4 years of Orbiter, I've yet to really learn C++, but I do know Java and can at least understand C++ for the most part. Working a bit on assembly too. I'd love to do aerospace engineering as well. I have 3 more years of high shcool left though. :p Good luck to you, and I hope I can accomplish as much. ;)

E

ex-orbinaut

It is good to see someone with their objectives so well established and working towards them. I wish you all the very best for the future and may you accomplish all you set out to do...

Orbinaut Pete

ISSU Project Manager
News Reporter
Reaction score
Thanks for your kind words. I think the same of everyone here also.
If more people were Orbinauts, the world would be a better place. ;)

I wish you all the very best of luck!

-Pete :cheers:

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I want you to know that you have earned my highest level of respect, and I wanted to know if you have any advice for me, as I start the greatest adventure of my life so far.

Sure: When you are up until 3AM working thermodynamics problems, try to keep the swearing to a reasonable volume. :rofl:

In all seriousness, congrats and good luck. It will be well worth it!

Chupacabra

Reaction score
Best Wishes n72.75! I hope you enjoy college.

My advice: Make a schedule and keep to it. Trust me, it makes it a lot easier to manage when you can hang out with friends, and when you should hang out with your books! ;)

Good Luck to both of you!

computerex

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
University of Central Florida. How about you?

I had a computer science competition there! My team is listed on their special awards page :D
Good luck n72.75, may your sleepless nights in college pay off and award you a bright future.

agentgonzo

Grounded since '09
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.quorg.org
I wish that I could go back to college (hmm, there's a song with that name). Aerospace engineering sounds fantastic. You'll be learning so many things that I wish I had the time to learn. Enjoy your time there, it will pass far too quickly.

dnt462

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
My brother is also going to school to be an aeronautical engineer at Embrey Riddle in Daytona Beach, He could have chosen aerospace engineering though, and I hope to be one or the other myself.