OHM Leo300 - Beta 1

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

Author: -fedex-

Hi there!
This is the first beta relase of my project named "Leo300" that will take the first men on Mars. (It require Vinka's Spacecraft3 Add-on)

The mission will be like this:
The launchers will take the space station's modules (2), the capsules for the landing on Mars (3-4) and the reentry capsule (1) in earth orbit. After the dockings, the space station (that serves as an habitative module) will boost all to the interplanetary trajectory. After 6 months, the space station will put all in mars orbit.
After 2-3 days in orbit, that serve to prepare the capsules, the crew will land in a chosen area of Mars.
After the return on the space station, the capsules will be "put away" and the space station + the reentry capsule wil return tu earth.

In this beta there are the first space station module, the landing capsule and the reentry capsule (it has the VC).

1st Module comands:
K - Open/Close solar panel

Landing Capsule:
G - Gear
K - Open/Close Engine

Reentry Capsule:
G - Parachutes (they are very ugly)

Hope you enjoy it! :)

DOWNLOAD

Scruce

Ad astra per aspera
Reaction score
Good Start -fedex-, nice to see another mars mission. :thumbup: Also i like the idea with the Zarya module.

Last edited:

IgnoreThisBarrel

Local Pastafarian Missionary
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I like it!Although you can't see the solar panels on the 1st module when looking at them from below... or above, I'm not really sure, but it's one direction or another.

-FedeX-

Reaction score
Website
orbiteritalia.forumotion.com
I like it!Although you can't see the solar panels on the 1st module when looking at them from below... or above, I'm not really sure, but it's one direction or another.

I know.. i think it's a mesh problem... i'm going to fix it in the next beta..
If you have the solar panels close, you must open with the "K" Key xD

IgnoreThisBarrel

Local Pastafarian Missionary
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
They were open, of course :p

Just a question, but is it possible (or safe) for there to be a window on the reentry capsule?

jethroo23

Reaction score
Just did a reentry with the reentry capsule. I thought it would slow down, but at 5 kms above the surface, speed is: 7000m/s... I Lol'ed so hard. Took another orbit around earth (Altitude is still 5+ kms) to slow it down to 600 m/s...

-FedeX-

Reaction score
Website
orbiteritalia.forumotion.com
Just did a reentry with the reentry capsule. I thought it would slow down, but at 5 kms above the surface, speed is: 7000m/s... I Lol'ed so hard. Took another orbit around earth (Altitude is still 5+ kms) to slow it down to 600 m/s...

I know xD It's the aerodynamic... i must fix it, i know, but for now i don't know how fix it xD

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
This add-on is good but try dock the module with the ISS to see the size of your spacecraft!