OHM Luna2 Base

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

Author: paddy2

Welcome to LUNA2,  Lunar Supply Co.'s 2nd base.

It is the home to its expanding mining operation and hosts the Deep Space Particle Probe (DSPP), Solar Wind Analysis Station (SWAS) and the Lunar-link Comms Tower (LLCT) .

With 2 Landing Pads and 8 breathable GeoHabitat modules, which also host the operational control functions,  it is base to over 60 full time staff and is able to provide accommodation to other rotating mining staff.  Landing should be done to Pad1, it will take an arrow freighter (Just!). Pad2 is for smaller craft to lift off from.

Each Habitat has its own set of solar panels and O2/H2O scrubbers as do the other major assemblies.  There are 2 VOR towers, the main one is sited at the exact published site location and the other one used for on-site VHF comms.  Base operations are run out of the habitat closest to PAD2.

The the level 1 and 5 tiles are accurate from the webmab.lroc.asu.edu/lunarserv.html site, allowing for the limits of the 512 bit orbiter tile system. The level 7 detail is what I thought looked good!
There are some 230 tiles included which is why its such a big file!

The edges of the tiles where blended using MAPZONE.

Note.There is no 02 or texture inside the DSPP station and its up to you to finish the 9th Habitat module!!!

Many thanks to csanders, without his Orbiter Base Maker this would not have happened. To PennyBlack for prodding me to do better and to ORB for help on other issues. To DANSTEPH for his awesome additions and to Martin from whom all Orbiter wonder first flowed.
Also to wehaveaproblem, who showed me levels I can only dream of. 

Unpack to your Orbiter directory, enjoy

DOWNLOAD

Interceptor

Reaction score
Thanks paddy2,I know you worked hard on this.BTW are you planning on still releasing all the other lunar bases that you talked about in an earlier thread?:tiphat:

Last edited:

paddy2

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Actually getting a site which enough good quality consistent tiles is not easy. I have found a lot of good areas and then just at the edge, the scene changes its lighting. The released images are laid down in strips taken over a number of orbits. So a given area looks great but its not really wide enough. I need a 6km wide strip with consistent lighting to turn into tiles at layer 5 ( using OBM ). Getting good layer 1, fine, drill down to get 1meter per pixel and its 3 different shades !!!!.

Making new bases with OBM once you have the meshes is very easy. Tiles, always tiles....

paddy2

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for your kind words, folks. Hope there is a good enough collection of models to allow you to do your own bases.