Question Lunar landing sites without pads or buildings

Shadow Addict

Reaction score
I'm looking for detailed lunar landing sites that don't have any infrastructure so I can simulate Apollo-like landings. Are there any addons that will do this?

the.punk

Advanced Orbinaut
Reaction score
Yes. AMSO has very nice landing sites. And NASSP has some too. You also could use an base with an mesh and delete all buildings.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
There is the Cupernicus crater on OH, it's a Space 1999 supply point, just delete the building mesh like the.punk said and your good to go.

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=336"]Shado-Base1[/ame]

Again, delete the buildings and you're set.

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Orulex with terrain collision turned on has served me well in the past. The terrain is often at an angle and almost always above the lunar "sea level" sphere, so you need the special Meshland MFD to be on so you see the height above the ground.

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Well, I would PM Artlav and ask him. I have an older, development version of Orulex, so I don't know if it still has these features.

Meshland is one of Artlav's wonderful inventions that allows you to land on terrain. It's a little buggy, but with Orulex and Meshland I landed Apollo 15 in a crater and drove the rover 3 miles uphill to the top of a crater rim and a towering mountaintop view of the landing site and the surrounding terrain. The LM was a little silver speck in the distance below. Awesome.