Making a real cockpit

Karpador

Reaction score
I am making a real cockpit for orbiter and I have a question anyone wanna help???

Master of Blades

Reaction score
You'll have problems making a DGIV cockpit, since DanSteph is the "owner" of the AddOn, and has not released the Source Code

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
Ya, and there is no Cockpit really, just a 2D pannel. I suggest you do the Regular Delta Glider or the Space Shuttle, Preferably Space Shuttle because the layouts are all over the internet. Enough to almost build a Complete Shuttle.

ar81

Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
To design a cockpit you first need to know what systems you have and what switches and screens do you need to control them. Once you have that list of specs, the rest is the artistic side to achieve a layout.

pete.dakota

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I think by 'real', Karpador may mean physical? As in a mock-up cockpit in his home.

n0mad23

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
I think by 'real', Karpador may mean physical? As in a mock-up cockpit in his home.

That was my impression as well. Aren't there others on this forum doing the same? If memory serves (though middle age makes it suspect), I believe Flygirl is making one from plywood, etc.

JoshB posted this one on m6 before it crashed for good: http://orbit.m6.net/Forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=7888

The video's worth having a look at if you're into making something like this.

yagni01

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
That was my impression as well. Aren't there others on this forum doing the same? If memory serves (though middle age makes it suspect), I believe Flygirl is making one from plywood, etc.

JoshB posted this one on m6 before it crashed for good: http://orbit.m6.net/Forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=7888

The video's worth having a look at if you're into making something like this.
I'm in the process of constructing one. Its a custom design, but I'll be flying Doug Beachy's XR-series because of the added functionality provided by the vessel interface he provided. If you take a look at the XR control functions in the Orb:Connect docs, you'll see what I mean. Lots more switches and annunciators. :speakcool: