Question Mars One? Has anyone gave a donation?

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
I think we are wildly off topic here and in real danger of giving this dead horse some serious blunt force trauma.

richfororbit

Reaction score
As I just recently found out, that the non profit group supposedly received several million two years ago. Yet, the profit side of the non profit group is also receiving the first million by an investment company from Hong Kong. The total would be six million. So last month they should of received one million, so two million in total, the other one million from donations.

So in theory the Mars One venture side should have thirteen million.

So the first mission is four hundred and fifty million.

I don't know what to make of that, either the Mars One team aren't being honest or were honest, but the whole venture is going wobbly.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I don't know what to make of that, either the Mars One team aren't being honest or were honest, but the whole venture is going wobbly.
They have never been honest, that's what we have been trying tell you from the start. It's been a sham since day one, they never intended to live down the promises, just stringing everything along until they're either caught and forced to quit or no-one pays any more attention to them.

richfororbit

Reaction score
The fact that there was suppose to be money in the past, and this was from one of the candidates who said in a clip that the Dutch guy who is running it said to him the venture side secured several million for the first mission I guess that would be.

So in total they should have one million from donations, and twelve altogether from investment, one known as the World Stock blah blah company which apparently has one member and is based in Greater London and not Hong Kong.

Years back Mr Aldrin as we all know who he is said that the idea of a group sending people to Mars as a reality show or not or false promises would be damaging to anyone wanting to something similar.

I don't see how somebody or a group of people are prepared to risk their reputations, and then there are these candidates, one hundred in total who are waiting. The idea of a false venture just seems like not worthwhile in my eyes. If I had to try this, I'd just be upfront about it, and may be honesty will help a little to get a mission going. But then that is me.

I just find it hard to accept the idea of causing a bit of mess like this if it is not supported, a hundred people is a lot, and not to mention the donations. Bad press releases.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I don't see how somebody or a group of people are prepared to risk their reputations, and then there are these candidates, one hundred in total who are waiting. The idea of a false venture just seems like not worthwhile in my eyes. If I had to try this, I'd just be upfront about it, and may be honesty will help a little to get a mission going. But then that is me.

You never heard of Andy Warhol did you?

Also, I recommend you some bit of Hitler there:

All this was inspired by the principle—which is quite true within itself—that in the big lie there is always a certain force of credibility; because the broad masses of a nation are always more easily corrupted in the deeper strata of their emotional nature than consciously or voluntarily; and thus in the primitive simplicity of their minds they more readily fall victims to the big lie than the small lie, since they themselves often tell small lies in little matters but would be ashamed to resort to large-scale falsehoods.
It would never come into their heads to fabricate colossal untruths, and they would not believe that others could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously. Even though the facts which prove this to be so may be brought clearly to their minds, they will still doubt and waver and will continue to think that there may be some other explanation. For the grossly impudent lie always leaves traces behind it, even after it has been nailed down, a fact which is known to all expert liars in this world and to all who conspire together in the art of lying.

Its really ashaming that this guy became dictator, despite his bad camoflage. It is even more ashaming, that exactly the same stuff works better than ever today. Especially the last sentence shows too well, how extremists slowly erode your integrity, until you are down to their level of corruption.

Last edited:

richfororbit

Reaction score
I don't know much of Adolf, inspired from the British Empire, a working class man from Austria who grew up with xenophobia, a military guy, believed in a white race empire.

Other than that, the propaganda I don't know much of, other than one other bloke who said patriotism can be used to bring about conflict by denouncing the doves as traitors.

As for this Andy Warhol, doesn't ring a bell.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire

richfororbit

Reaction score
I see a Pennsylvanian resident who was a gay liberation activist.

He died two years before I was born. So yeah I wouldn't of known of this guy, but yes I sure have heard of fifteen minutes of fame.

So the Mars One team want some fame, and then clear off with a reason as to why their idea didn't workout.

I still find it dangerous, even though you made the point about dishonesty, and how the many can choose to believe in an idea that has no chance of actually happening without concrete facts being presented first for a chance to happen.

So in order for the Mars one venture to work, they needed to of secured infrastructure such as a mission control, then contracts with Space Exploration technologies, which they were always honest about, no doubt, since they weren't in the business of orbital missions.

Then a method of funding, even if donations which may not last indefinitely, and as only the last few Olympics have raised plenty from adverts and so on, they haven't got that, and the past games didn't have that. So the venture is a short little win, and a road to an end without sustainability.:huh: