Discussion Mars terraforming with UCGO!?

dgatsoulis

ele2png user
Donator
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

If you're reading this, you already saw the title, so... do you think it is possible?

Would it be possible, in Orbiter, to set up a series of missions "OFSS - style" to terraform Mars?

Can that be done using Dan's UCGO cargos?

What would we need?

A few ideas:

A "realistic" script/time-line to stick to. For instance:

a) First pollute Mars with CO2 in a VAST scale (with machines that "pick up" Martian soil and convert it to CO2 - If that's possible)
b) Then send algae to turn that CO2 into oxygen (and find a way to change a specific set of coordinates on Mars into a "green" tile.
c) When enough O2 is being produced, send over plants and trees (to speed up the process)
d) Bases that can make use of the ice in the Poles for.... something! (Fuel, O2 Water... whatever is possible)

-I'm in no way an expert in this, i'm just throwing out an idea-

e) what else!? Maybe a few drills to place nuclear devices as near as possible to Mars' core to "recandle" it's magnetic field? (If Mars ever had one?)
-obviously influenced by that silly old movie: The Core"-

Can we make that happen?

Whatever objections/suggestions/ideas you have, please post them here.

My main question at this point is... Is it possible to make that happen in Orbiter!?

Ark

Reaction score
The century or more it would take to terraform Mars is a long time, even with full time acceleration. :lol:

dgatsoulis

ele2png user
Donator
Reaction score
The century or more it would take to terraform Mars is a long time, even with full time acceleration. :lol:

Actually... more than a century!
But with x10000 time acceleration a century would take about...219 hours=
9+sometihing days. No?

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
My main question at this point is... Is it possible to make that happen in Orbiter!?

it certainly is, but it would take some effort from an organisational committee that has to rewrite config files and planetary textures for different stages of the process.

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Martian terraforming? Possible with current technological knowhow with some trouble.

In Orbiter? No, maybe you could simulate the technological part of it pretty well but the actual changes to the planet would be hard to achieve.

dumbo2007

Crazy about real time sims
Reaction score
Well it may be possible to use orulex to show new craters or hills....or minor changes in the landscape.