Idea Mercury and Gemini add-on improvements

Star Voyager

Space Shuttle Refugee
Reaction score
Great! Can't wait to fly! You've been doing a fantastic job :salute:!

delta_lima

Reaction score
Back after yet another familylife-induced hiatus.

Very encouraging to see progress on Mercury/Gemini, even for version 2010, it seems.

May not help you, Saturn/4th Rock - but I did visit the 'Cape in February on business. Took as many shots of available Mercury/Gemini spacecraft as I could. If this could help, am happy to email you the photos.

PM for details.

Best regards,

dl

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
Delta_lima, thanks for your interest.

The best thing to do is to make the photos available to all in somewhere like Picasa.
That way, development isn't limited to just one of two people and all can take part, by having the source materials available.

I try to do this as much as I can, as you can see here with some photos of the Gemini paraglider:

https://picasaweb.google.com/4throckrn/SpaceGeminiTTV2#

Saturn V

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
4throck, I can say this much, the images you shared for LC19 were invaluable in getting the pad reservoir and channel accurate. They're not places I'd imagine too many photos were taken of, but you managed to find what was out there and it certainly came in handy.

BTW: The splashdown addon is coming along (mostly done except the new Rescuemaster aircraft for Gemini 8) when I can fit a little time into an increasingly hectic work schedule.

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
I think most of it could be handled by creating the appropriate scenarios. If I remember correctly, the Big Joe add-on had a sc3 capsule and an Atlas, so you could start there.

Nevertheless I guess that the proposed Mercury missions were done by Gemini.

kino_astroboy

Orbinaut-in-Training
Reaction score
I can't believe how much progress has been made on Project Mercury/Gemini. I haven't been on the forums in almost a year and this project has really taken flight. Thank you so much SaturnV, 4throck, and others for your amazing work!

I'm looking forward to be an Orbinaut once more, but sadly my current computers now are just not able to run it smoothly. It irritates me when Orbiter runs at <10 FPS most of the time.

Thanks again guys and I appreciate all the work that has been put into this. Keep the project going!

I still can't believe that we have Orbiter 2010 already :facepalm: :p

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
Nice find! The meshes look great, but the ones that we already have for Orbiter are also quite good :) .
And please remember that we need split meshes for Orbiter, so a single complete mesh (as the one you indicate) is very limited.
At least the spacecraft parts that separate must be loaded as individual meshes. This is hard to do unless the modeler works with this in mind.
Check the beginning of the Soyuz 7K thread for more info on this type of meshes.

But a excellent meshes and a nice find indeed :tiphat: !