Project Mirai (Hatsunese Space Station)

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Testing out the Mirai Remote Manipulator System (MRMS)

2ZtUwIr.png

(the texture will be an optional replacement)

Last edited:

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Akarui (Node 01), meaning (adjectival) "light"
(Hikari is the noun)

kwPPlNT.png

This is the side of the module where the truss is attached. Also, the plans have changed so that the airlock/docking adapter will switch places with the magnetic spectrometer module.

Last edited:

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Kotai (Solid) - Node 02. Its purpose is to provide storage space for experiments and supplies.

zqXgfA3.png

The Kurai (Dark) module (not fully textured yet). It will be berthed to the opposite side from Kotai.
The pressurized section is about the same size as Kibo's Experiment Logistics Module.

4O2VmeO.png

Just a reminder: the names of the six pressurized modules that attach to the core are supposed to be based on the extra "voicebanks" of "Miku Append", which is basically an expansion pack for the singing synthesis software. The additional modules are "appended" to the core. So the functions of the modules try to loosely fit those names.

Originally, I was going to have a telescope on this module (to gaze at the "darkness" of space). Forum Orbiter Italia's now-defunct Gaia space station project was going to have a large telescope as well. Then I discovered that a space station is very bad for telescope observations because of vibrations and other issues. So, it was changed to a magnetic spectrometer like the [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpha_Magnetic_Spectrometer"]AMS[/ame], which is designed to investigate dark matter, antimatter, etc. Being about 9.39 meters long also provides some balance with the 10.39 meter-long Kotai module.

But now, I'm worried that the module looks too much like [ame="http://orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=5758"]this[/ame].

Last edited:

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
sYOCywO.png

(note: these modules aren't being made in the same order as what the actual station assembly schedule will be)

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Azayaka ("vivid") - a cupola will be attached. When I make the interior, it will have a hydroponics/aeroponics farm. Guess what will be grown.

Amai ("sweet") - basically, Kibo.

(Kotai has the same function as the Kibo ELM-PS, but has the size of the Kibo PM and acts as a storage node for the whole station.)

CwhwO5L.png

Last edited:

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Airlock module: it is like the Quest joint airlock, but it has no proper name, has a docking port (think of this like the airlock on the orbital module of Soyuz or Shenzhou), and the nitrogen and oxygen tanks have been moved so they can be launched with the module while still remaining within the fairing.

fY8va1C.png

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Three docking ports (two for permanent crew expeditions; the one on the airlock is for temporary visits or crew rotation handover periods)

InLrB1B.png

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
(I haven't simulated building the station properly yet; I am only using scenario editor for now)

Nicholander

Reaction score
Cool! They're fantastic! :thumbup: Also, just out of curiosity, how will the space station modules rendezvous and dock with the Mirai, once launched by a M-II? Do they have their own propulsion and RCS systems? Does it use a modified M-II 2nd/upper stage to dock?

ISProgram

SketchUp Orbinaut
Reaction score
I was actually (trying to) make a reference to the cherry blossom, or something along those lines. It seems to me that calling it Cupola is lending credence to the ESA even though Mirai is Hatsunese.

Or something like that.

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Cherry blossoms have five petals. But I like things that are hexagonal. JAXA/HASDA just calls it キューポラ (Kyūpora).

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Yawarakai inflatable module - 7.8 m diameter.

vWMihPJ.png

Wg5EtKy.png

(reminds me of a marshmallow)

Last edited: