Problem Missing Ships

Genius

Reaction score
I do have problems with the Lodestone, Deathstar,Donovan and Planet Niburu add ons. The labels are there, but the ship do not appear on my screen.
I did a clean install of Orbiter. But the problem still does not go away.
It could not be the Graphic card. It is a Nvidia 9600 GT with 512 Meg ram. I install the latest drivers and uninstall that to load the drivers that come with the card. Still it does not work. And The XR2 does the same, BUT after a while. It also disappear.
This ir really frustating. I check the texture and mesh folders. They seems to be intact with the correct files. And if I zoom out to 4 km it Do appear, but very small.I recently recieved a Nibiru2.zip file from my private message box. That one Do show up. Any help?

Genius

Reaction score
I just think about it. Can this problem be caused by install windows updates?
I download and install the latest security updates (KB 958690). Since then my troubles start.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I just think about it. Can this problem be caused by install windows updates?
I download and install the latest security updates (KB 958690). Since then my troubles start.

Did you read the thread that Urwumpe linked you?

Did you do what it said?

Genius

Reaction score

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
The problem was that the C++ runtime DLLs were missing, and so the vessels' C++ code could not run. If a vessel's code (i.e., DLL) cannot run, then Orbiter cannot initialize the vessel or load its mesh. That is why installing the DLLs fixed the problem.

Genius

Reaction score
The problem was that the C++ runtime DLLs were missing, and so the vessels' C++ code could not run. If a vessel's code (i.e., DLL) cannot run, then Orbiter cannot initialize the vessel or load its mesh. That is why installing the DLLs fixed the problem.

Thanks for the reply dbeachy. Are those ships compiled with a different compiler. I do not have trouble with the DGIV etc.