Mission Editor and Mission API

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I started this thread for grouping all discussions and news about this component of SSU into a single place.

Primary goal will be creating mission files and scenario files for SSU. This editor will also include the functionality of MECOCalc. The editor should be modular and versatile enough to also be extended for other vessels based on our framework (If for example there will be an SLS Ultra or Dragon Ultra). The mission editor shall not have any interfaces to Orbiter beyond writing scenario files - it is not planned to be a mission control tool at all.

I declare myself as lead developer for this subproject, if nobody objects and wants the task.

Current task for me is writing the architecture document for it as starting point. This document will be improved together with the editor, but should exist before actual development exists. I will add it to the repository in the "/docs/Space Shuttle Ultra/architecture" folder. (This folder should also be used for other documents regarding the architecture of SSU or its subprojects - for example the coding standards would make sense there)

If you have any requirements that should be included, post them here, we can discuss them here and include them into the subproject, if enough demand exists for the requirement. There shall be no requirements, that will not be tested. If it is not important enough to be included in the tests, it is not important enough to be developed.