github.com

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
ohhh, it's like being the boss and having somebody else to do the work for you....:)

Yes, but I am not paid like being the boss and I am not having somebody else to do the work for me. :lol:

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
So I finished the command/data flow stuff in the controller... and now missing is the SSME SOP in the GPCs, a LCC redline monitor in the GLS (to monitor the 0 redlines available at the moment...:lol: ...don't worry that's next), and a way of getting those 2 to talk to the EIU.... what do I have to do on my side?

BTW: I'm really going to need the MPS Power Switches on panel R2... I mean the *new* switches with the disc port... and also the O17 EIU switches would be good, but I can live without them for now....

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
So I finished the command/data flow stuff in the controller... and now missing is the SSME SOP in the GPCs, a LCC redline monitor in the GLS (to monitor the 0 redlines available at the moment...:lol: ...don't worry that's next), and a way of getting those 2 to talk to the EIU.... what do I have to do on my side?

I can maybe start making the SSME SOP over the weekend, but the EIU-GPC interface is still in flux. :(

While it is much simpler than the MDM interface, I want to make all interfaces similar in behavior, so I have to start at the most complex, which are the MDMs.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Ok, take you time... I still have a ton of stuff to do...

SiameseCat

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score

BTW: I'm really going to need the MPS Power Switches on panel R2... I mean the *new* switches with the disc port... and also the O17 EIU switches would be good, but I can live without them for now....
I'm in the process of rewriting PanelR2 to use the new switches, so the MPS Power Switches should be done soon.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Thanks SiameseCat!

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Are there new .dlls to download ?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Are there new .dlls to download ?

At least not from SSU yet. Is somebody interested also implementing the RCS/OMS switches of the overhead panel? Should offer some better propellant management, if people can also use the crossfeeds.

Poscik

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Is somebody interested also implementing the RCS/OMS switches of the overhead panel? Should offer some better propellant management, if people can also use the crossfeeds.

I'm very interested :) That would be great stuff.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
The crossfeed won't help the forward RCS, just so you now ;).

I am sure somebody in the GFX department has a forward-aft crossfeed pipe mesh hidden on his HD, which you can install during a EVA. I know it. :p

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
The crossfeed won't help the forward RCS, just so you now ;).
Well, there was a serious proposal made about implementing the capability. It was called the FRCS Interconnect System(FICS). The FICS would have tied the FRCS prop tanks with the APS(Aft Propulsion System) prop tanks interconnect lines.

They even went as far as doing a test implementation of the FICS lines on Enterprise. They encountered no serious issues implementing it and it was approved for operation implementation. But it along with every other shuttle upgrade was canceled after the Columbia accident, so no orbiter was ever modified with FICS.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
If you ever run out of systems to implement :p, you could do "what ifs" with the upgrades.

There are more what-ifs than real subsystems. :lol:

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Hello! Long time no see :(
Having a little interpretation problem: "There are a total of 17 temperature bridges within the controller." (this is about sensor input in the Input Electronics part of the engine controller)
Now, what I don't get is: how are those 17 sensors divided by 2 channels???

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Now, what I don't get is: how are those 17 sensors divided by 2 channels???

Must not be divided, they could also be read by each channel.