Music

The Aviator

Reaction score
Depends by the mood...
From Classical to Hard Rock...
When I fly with Orbiter I like to listen classical music and dreaming asleep...

Cobalt

Reaction score
I've got a lot of rock and other assorted stuff. Jeff Beck, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Coheed and Cambria, Fair to Midland, Jimi Hendrix, Gnarls Barkley, 311, Cake, Queen, The Misfits, Peter Frampton, The Doors, Allman Brothers, Dead Kennedys.... To name a few. I'd use foxytunes to link what I'm listening to, but nah.

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I grew up listening to what somehow got renamed "classic rock", like Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Lynard Skynard, etc. I was a huge Rush fan, and still like them.

Lately I've been really getting into Pink Floyd, collecting the albums and so forth. When I was younger I didn't appreciate the Floyd, I just though of it as boring and depressive, but the more I listen the more I grock it. Wish You Were Here has got to be one of the greatest albums of all time.

And Floyd also basically invented "space music", which evolved when it was picked up and developed by Tangerine Dream and other electronica/ambient artists. I discovered space music when I was a college student and I listened to the University of Pennsylvania's radio station WXPN on Saturday nights from 1AM to 6AM, usually after partying; they have a radio show called "Star's End" which is outstanding. Now I listen to the show via streaming. (www.starsend.org) Space music is basically the perfect Orbiter music for long flight sessions.

Reaction score
In Orbiter, Halo Music or classical, other than that I'm a fan of BanYa, remixes of Classical Songs... Wow, that sounds really lame doesn't it.

ryan

That guy
Reaction score
I grew up listening to what somehow got renamed "classic rock", like Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Lynard Skynard, etc. I was a huge Rush fan, and still like them.

Lately I've been really getting into Pink Floyd, collecting the albums and so forth. When I was younger I didn't appreciate the Floyd, I just though of it as boring and depressive, but the more I listen the more I grock it. Wish You Were Here has got to be one of the greatest albums of all time.

And Floyd also basically invented "space music", which evolved when it was picked up and developed by Tangerine Dream and other electronica/ambient artists. I discovered space music when I was a college student and I listened to the University of Pennsylvania's radio station WXPN on Saturday nights from 1AM to 6AM, usually after partying; they have a radio show called "Star's End" which is outstanding. Now I listen to the show via streaming. (www.starsend.org) Space music is basically the perfect Orbiter music for long flight sessions.

You listen to Jimi Hendrix, a great gutairtist who shouldnt took so much sleeping tablets. :werd:

Zatnikitelman

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Just about anything that could come under "Pop" just not Rap or Hip Hop. I also like "powerful" songs that just are like...BLAM...search YouTube for "Requiem for a Dream" either the quieter trebler version or the one used in the Bablyon AD Trailer/commercial.

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Tangerine Dream is great, I have a few of their CDs. Other than that, mostly alternative stuff. :)