Search My Own Personal Orbit Hanger

Mandella

Space Cultist
Donator
Reaction score
While trying to organize all the addons I have collected, it occurred to me how nice it would be to have some sort of file manager that would allow me to see the file along with a brief description of it, and maybe even a picture. Being able to sort and move the files with said manager would be an added bonus. (Of course I use JSGME for installed addons, but I am looking for something to manage all the uninstalled apps I have accumulated).

Anybody have any recommendations?

Reaction score
I use JSGME too, and usually just keep uninstalled mods in the available list. In recent versions of JSGME, you can make a text file with a .jsgme extension just in the mod's folder (such as MODS/AMSO 1.18/AMSO.jsgme) and its text will show in a tooltip when you mouse over the mod in the list. Its also possible to just rename the mod's folder to add a short description in parentheses after the name; just right click the mod and click Rename.

Mandella

Space Cultist
Donator
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply 2552. And what you describe is exactly the system I am using right now, I was just hoping that someone here would have something a bit more "elegant."

In fact, what prompted me to ask on this forum was that I was about to start the task of copying the documentation into the proper format to be picked up by the mouse over view tool.

I better get to work, it seems...

;)

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
Face is working on a new system that is very capable and does much more than what you are asking for. Check his thread for more information.

ryan

That guy
Reaction score
I didnt know people organize there add-ons i just leave it all scattered on my orbiter file, if you think thats messy you should see my room ;)

dc3dreamer

Observatory auto s/w developer
Reaction score
This looks awesome. A hearty thanks in advance for all your hard work and creativity!