My Space-Glider

Kilo

Reaction score
Website
www.Kilo-Soft.de
Hey Yagni,
well I got them many many years before from my uncle... don't know who the manufactur is.
But I will remove them and look for a name and partnumber.

---------- Post added 08-27-2009 at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was 08-26-2009 at 12:14 PM ----------

my half-finished overhead panel grows slowly.
Of course, the label is still missing and some other things.

The overhead panel is composed of the Caution panel which indicates to me the most important error messages and warnings.
However, I have rejected the plan and just a little something new.

In the main battle tank Leopard2 there is a computer-controlled test set which also indicated errors and error functions, and I could go through it step by step.

My cockpit has 3 different power supplies to control the various functions. Warnings and errors on the part of the hardware, so the functions in the cockpit, such as light, powering, etc. as well as defective by the software (landing gear, cabin pressure, etc.) is spent on this test set.

There currently I'm ready to display all the hardware features of the cockpit and I can locate by 12 7-segment displays the error. A red, flashing LED signaled me to short circuits, overheating or other malfunctions of the power supplies. Also coming soon nor the emergency stop switch added.

Well, I continue to work on the "hardware" and then dedicate myself to the interface for simulation

Robb Bates

Reaction score
OK, now you've done it! Now I HAVE to build an overhead panel for my simpit. Gotta keep up with the Jones'... or is it Keep up with the Kilos? :D

Kilo, what is your main display going to be? I'm still stuck with a 17" CRT monitor. I'm hoping to improve that at some point.

Robb

Kilo

Reaction score
Website
www.Kilo-Soft.de
Thank you ;)

Well I've got a 19" TFT and it fits very well.
For the sides and the MFD I will use 17".

combrown

Reaction score
First of all, sorry for my english...I'm from Germany :p

I started to build a low-cost project of a simpit.
What you can see is a half Space-Shuttle and a half Delta-Glider Cockpit.
Because of the free space in my room, I decided to "cut" the original Space-Shuttle Cockpit and build a one-seat shuttle.
The instruments got their look of the Delta Glider.

First I made a model in 1:10

In order to get the right dimensions, the model helped me a lot.
The wood I used is very cheap plywood, which were rests of bigger ones. 1,68 $ every piece. :) Cheap but... very instabil when I drill in the screws.. How ever

That's the model in real dimension. I drawed with a pencil the follwing panels, cut it out and put thinner plywood as panels on it.

The next step was to build the panels including buttons, switches, and so on. My problem was: I used wood for the panels. No glas, no cnc, no laser printed labels, etc.
So, I never can use a good backlight for the buttons. And any label is printed on seperate paper. It looks like semi-profi, but I told you, I was looking for a very cheap version. :(

I also decided to build a roof in orer to get some panels overhead. Remember that the roof isnt really finished. I will build it completely close.

In order to get the 5V for the Interface and the Power for backlights, LED, etc. I build in an adjustable Power supply. The Keyboard I/O will get only 5V, made with some electronic.

That's what the simpit actually looks like. The next steps will be:

- finish the switches, buttons, LED
- build the pit on roof and the sides
- connecting the electronic
- put in 3 TFT in connection with TH2GO
- and so on..

I didn't used some plans, except the model, for electronic or the connecting or how it looks like with 3 TFT.
I only improvise and the best way to continue is when I stand in front of the simpit :)

To be continued...

Dominik

Widen it mate, that way when ya mates come round they can take part and assist in instrument checks.
I would have a little cabin out the back as well with microwave, fridge and bunk setup and seal us into the environment.
I am a childish hardcore.

Turbinator

Reaction score
That way you can completely simulate a mission to the Moon. You get all the food you would need. You get in close the "hatch" and you are sitting on the launchpad cockpit. And you don't walk out till you come back from the Moon. You could go even further and build a Moon "area" with a separate moon lander cockpit and moon exterior. In order to shorten the 7 day trip, speed up sim time to make it only 2 or 3 days. :thumbup:

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
For that to work properly, you'd want some sort of waste evac procedure... well, a better one than just dumping it outside, since outside is all carpet...

This looks fantastic, by the way. I would love to build one myself but I'm too space-limited at the moment.