Problem Nassp 7 SIVB

showithers

Reaction score
Hello. I have recently downloaded nassp 7 beta, and I really enjoy what I see, however, I do have a problem. When the second stage finishes it's burn, and it's time for the SIVB to complete the orbit, the second stage won't cut off. I am sure that this has to do with the checklist in the booster section that says, " [FONT=&quot]SIVB TO ORBIT CAPABILITY" but I can't find what this means, and so was hoping that I could find some help here.
Thanks ahead of time.
[/FONT]

Tschachim

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
nassp.sf.net
Hi showithers,

thanks for your interest in Project Apollo - NASSP 7! :)
I am sure that this has to do with the checklist in the booster section that says, " SIVB TO ORBIT CAPABILITY" [FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

No, that means that you could reach orbit using the S-IVB in case of an abort.

The Saturn is controlled automatically until the target orbit is reached, so you have a different problem here I didn't heared about yet. I assume you installed it as explained here: http://nassp.sourceforge.net/wiki/Installation ? Which scenario did you try? Also you can attach a scenario saved when S-II/S-IVB separation should have happend already, then I can take a look.

Cheers
Tschachim

showithers

Reaction score
Thanks for your interest.
The scenario I was doing was the "Apollo 8-Launch T-30 Sec-LVDC++" under training.
Attached is the scenario where it fails with booster checklist mostly complete. (I'm afraid I can't even find the parts that involved "lts".)

Attachments

• Apollo 8 - Launch T-30sec - LVDC++ 0001.scn
    61.5 KB · Views: 7

Tschachim

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
nassp.sf.net
...and this is the answer, LVDC++ is the work-in-progress Launch Vehicle Digital Computer (LVDC - the Saturn flight computer) emulation not working properly yet as you just experienced. The currenty best Virtual AGC Mode Apollo 8 scenario with a working Saturn autopilot is Project Apollo - NASSP\Broken Scenarios\Virtual AGC\Apollo 8 - Launch.

Cheers
Tschachim