NASSP "Scenario Too Old" message after updating NASSP version

Wedge313

Reaction score
Hi. I know a similar issue was addressed a few months ago, but I think my situation is a bit different because I'm in the middle of a flight.

I'm almost halfway through the Apollo 7 mission, at 122:00. When I started the flight a while back I was using NASSP version 1951. As we discussed earlier, I was getting ready for the series of P22 markings, but was missing the landmark tracking PAD. I guess v.1951 didn't have the PAD, but I could correct this by updating to a newer version of NASSP.

This morning I installed NASSP version 1998. I opened a saved scenario at 120:00 so I could go back and get the LMK PAD I missed. When the scenario opened up I was greeted by a master alarm and lots of fun indications (CRYO PRESS, SUIT COMPRESSOR, O2 FLOW HI, O2 Tanks 1 and 2 pressure pegged) and a few others, along with a message across the bottom of my screen, "The scenario you are using is too old (Scenario: 80000, NASSP: 80001)." and then directs me to a NASSP wiki page.

I know I brought this on myself by not having a more current NASSP version installed awhile back when I started the flight. But now that I'm here, is there a way to massage things so that I can continue? Or will I have to re-start the flight?

On the bright side, I was able to get the LMK Tracking PAD.(y)

Thanks.

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
If you send me your scenerio I can upgrade it for you.

Wedge313

Reaction score
Here it is. Thanks.

Attachments

• 122+01 Start P22.zip
    31.2 KB · Views: 81

n72.75

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Should be good to go.

The change that broke your scenario was this one: https://www.orbiter-forum.com/threads/v8-release-work-thread.36128/post-600363

I changed how tank temperature gets calculated from the internal energy that we save in scenarios, and config files. So in order to keep the same temperatures before and after the update, the amount of energy in the substance needed to change for every tank. Thankfully I have an automated way to do this.

Attachments

• 122+01 Start P22.scn
    133 KB · Views: 76

Wedge313

Reaction score
Ahh, Thermodynamics. Got through the courses but kind of struggled. I'd be the guy asking you if I could copy your notes.

Thanks for the fix. P22 here I come!

Wedge313

Reaction score
Hi Again,

Your fix of my scenario seems to have worked fine, I was able to flail my way through the P22 marks.

One small issue: the arrow for the fuel cell skin temp indicator seems to be missing. Is there something I can tweak to get that bacK?

Thanks.

Attachments

• 123+42 Begin P23.zip
    30.9 KB · Views: 74

n72.75

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him

Wedge313

Reaction score
Weird. I had run the sim for over an hour after installing your fix, bouncing around different panels as I did the P22s. I was using the 2D view, and occasionally scrolled over to panel 3 to look at the skin temp, never saw the needle.

After reading your last post I just went to the panel 3 view, and waited. Sure enough, after a few minutes the needle dropped into view. I guess I just had to have the indicator in view for a while to allow things to settle in?

Anyway, all seems to be working again, thanks.