Problem Need help with NASSP Apollo 13

AngusGibson

Reaction score
Hey, folks!

Just joined the forum. :)

Let me get straight to the problem. I'm playing the Apollo 13 scenario (the quickstart one since Orbiter crashes every time I use a regular scenario and try to use the Project Apollo Checklist MFD on those scenarios- I press NAV and it freezes up and crashes every time! On the quickstart ones, they work alright in the command module, but same problem in the LEM). I've gotten all the way up to the explosion that crippled the Odyssey. Now I need to shut it down and activate the LEM. The problem is...I don't know how to shut down the Odyssey. I did flip the switches to power down fuel cells 1 and 3, but they just snap back to center.

Does anybody know a procedure to shut down the Command Module (and if possible, transfer data over to the LEM). I'll tell on myself and say that I haven't used the AGC, because let's face it, it's SOOOO much easier using the Lunar Transfer MFD. Some day, maybe someone could give me a crash course on how to use the AGC. :)

THANKS!

Tschachim

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
nassp.sf.net
Being late to the party, but anyway:

I assume you're talking about the fuel cell reactants switches on panel 3? If yes, you need to push the circuit brakers on panel 226 first, they are disabled for security reasons, see screenshot.

As for the power down procedure, look at page EMER 1-6 in the Apollo 15 CSM Systems Checklist. It used to be here: http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/History/ap15fj/pdf/a15csmsc.pdf, but it's not available at the moment because the US government is - well - powered down, too. :facepalm:

Cheers
Tschachim

Attachments

• Panel226.png
    Panel226.png
    38.3 KB · Views: 37