TransX need help with TransX

Fireproof

Reaction score
I need help please. I am using the tutorial GOPlayInSpace and i am in chapter 6 but I don't get what to do in the IMFD. Can anyone help.
I don't know if this is the right spot to put this.
Didn't see this here sorry.

-----Post Added-----

can someone please help me

-----Post Added-----

please can someone help me

Last edited:

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
The tutorial is very explicit and detailed. If you could be more specific about your question maybe we could help you.
What steps of the tutorial have you done and what is it in the tutorial that you don't understand?

Fireproof

Reaction score
I am not on my pc right now so I don't know what step it was but I think it was when I was setting up IMFD

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
Have you considered, that Go Play in Space was written for a specific IMFD version? I bet that you have a much newer one and that a lot has changed.
Go Play in Space is stating which version it uses at the beginning of that chapter.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Setting up IMFD? What do you mean? Do you mean the installation or seting up a burn using IMFD?

Fireproof

Reaction score
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ok now im mad i was heading to mars using 100000x time when i got a CTD
[/FONT]

Last edited:

Tommy

Reaction score
Go play in Space included several scenarios of different points in the journey. Use the one that applies,either 4.0 (just before the Mid Course Correction), or 5.0 (Base Approach)

Also, after a ctd, check the Orbiter.log file in the root directory (where the Orbiter.exe is located. Open it with notepad and see what the last couple lines are. Then start Orbiter using "current scenario" and if it CTD's again, check the log again. It may give us a clue as to why you're getting a CTD. I suspect it has to do with the scenario containing save info for IMFD 4.2.1, and you probably have version 5.1.

BTW, TransX and IMFD are two seperate MFD's. I would have responded to this post earlier, but thought it was about TransX, which I don't know much about.

The more sqecific and accurate you are about the problem you are having, the easier ( and more likely) it is for us to help.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ok now im mad i was heading to mars using 100000x time when i got a CTD
[/FONT]

Never had an issue with that. You need 100,000 time acceleration to span the distance but don't you think you should learn the basics of orbiter before you try some of the more advanced stuff?

-----Post Added-----

Good point tommy. The posting title is about TransX but the content talks about IMFD. Maybe thats where the confusion is?

Tommy

Reaction score
The CTD may have been caused by an add-on. Do you have any add-on Mars bases?

Tommy

Reaction score
Which version of IMFD do you have installed?

If you aren't sure, open one of the stock Delta Glider scenarios, such as "Brighton Beach", and open IMFD. It should show a "boot" screen, and the version info will be there. This screen is only available if:

1. IMFD is not listed in the scenario file.
2. IMFD is being opened for the first time in that MFD space.