Request New module/modified mayfly.dll

Michael_Chr

Reaction score
A request for a module (or if anyone has an idea to the functionality described below:

Think along the terms of the old faithful [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=2155"]mayfly.dll[/ame] by urwumpe.
I need an extension to mayfly.dll so when the original vessel (the mayfly vessel) is deleted you have a syntax to call and thereby in scenario create a vessel based on an already defined vessel .cfg.

In velcro there is a switch called "become" that does the following:

Code:
Points to a config file. If this is set, then on jettison, the
stage will delete itself, replacing itself with whatever is
pointed to here. There is no error-checking; an invalid
value will crash Orbiter. Used for flyback first stages, and
the like; you can point to a custom dll, or to a
spacecraft.dll craft, etc. Note that the new craft starts
with propellant tanks full, so your flyback stage should
be designed accordingly.
Taken from Velcro manual.

So something along the lines like Velcro can do but without the need to invoke velcro just for this.

I haven't tested if Velcro can do the job - but will soon.

The reason behind is that I'm trying to do a Altair lander where the ascent vehicle is the payload (i'm currently using generic vessel). Since the descent vehicle is not a tailsitter and since you cant rotate the payload mesh hence the ascent vehicle is also not a tail sitter. So...My idea was configure the GV payload using "mayfly/velcro type" as the module and then having the payload "becomming" a new vessel...that is...same vessel but now a tailsitter which is nice for ascent.

So...I'm beating the old tailsitter vs. "belly sitter" subject here again. All ideas are welcome :).
Best regards
Michael

Best regards
Michael

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
If I find the sources again, I can include this feature this evening or the other, isn't a big problem. I would just need you to verify its function.

The last Mayfly development was on my old PC, not sure which version of the sources I backed up.

Michael_Chr

Reaction score
Great... I will not dvelve into into further velcro testing of this and will most certainly test it and provide a usable feedback :thumbup: