New Orbiter Release

RSWingman

Reaction score
Martin spoke of a new orbiter release which will include greatly improved atmospheric modeling, especially between 100-200K. When is this scheduled for release? So far, 2006 is the most recent, right? I can't seem to find the topic in question where I read this.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Tuesday, gentleman, tuesday.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire

RSWingman

Reaction score
Tuesday, gentleman, tuesday.

Today's Tuesday ?!! For serious?

Ok, fine. He doesn't announce anything exact. But I'm still wondering if someone knows the time horizon.

I mean - will it just come out ("Surprise!!!"), or will we get a better idea as the release date approaches? Is it near?

Deke

The Original AstroNut!
Reaction score

Ok, fine. He doesn't announce anything exact. But I'm still wondering if someone knows the time horizon.

I mean - will it just come out ("Surprise!!!"), or will we get a better idea as the release date approaches? Is it near?

The new release for Orbiter 2009 is set for Tuesday.

cjp

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be a surprise if Martin decides to release on another day than Tuesday?

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Just Tuesday. Out of time, out of plans, out of rules.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Today-Tuesday, or next week-Tuesday?

It will come out when it comes out. There is no release date because Martin doesn't work on Orbiter full time.

"Tuesday" is something of an in joke from Star Trek Generations.

If you are keen to try the latest version then I'd suggest checking out the open BETA.

RSWingman

Reaction score
Beta, great. I've searched the Orbiter site. Where do I find it?

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score

Every time someone asks the exact same question ("when will the new version be out?") the release date is pushed back by a week. This is why it has slid from 2007 to 2008 and now to 2009.

Here's a sample of all of the other people before you who did not know about the forum's search functionality or bother to read the FAQ:
http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=7784&highlight=Orbiter+2009
http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=3041&highlight=Orbiter+2008
http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=3744&highlight=Orbiter+2008
http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=3024&highlight=Orbiter+2008
http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=6109&highlight=new+version (this is a "fun" one)
http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=4802&highlight=new+version
http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=3991&highlight=new+version

Perhaps that will help you to understand the "Tuesday" thing.

RSWingman

Reaction score
You need to pass the turing test.
Continue the sequence:
1, 2, 3, 5, ...?

7, 11, 13, 17, 19, 23...?

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

Seriously, just one simple question: "Where the #$*@ can I find the Beta?".

I'm sorry if everyone's burnt out from the same question. I thought that would be the case too, but I searched to see if the topic existed and nothing came up. I guess I didn't use the right key words; I have no freakin' idea.

I searched the Orbiter site and couldn't find one occurrence of the word "Beta". Of all the links to previous threads, I've not seen one mention of WHERE to find the Beta. I saw someone bragging that THEY HAVE the Beta. Well good for them.

I came here because my searching elsewhere came up with nothing, or the answers were inadequate to my question... not because I'm too lazy to research.

Forgive me, I can take a little razzing (like the Tuesday thing; that's fine), but when it comes down to it, how about just a freakin' straight answer?

Yaknow what? Screw it.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
7, 11, 13, 17, 19, 23...?

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

Seriously, just one simple question: "Where the #$*@ can I find the Beta?".

I'm sorry if everyone's burnt out from the same question. I thought that would be the case too, but I searched to see if the topic existed and nothing came up. I guess I didn't use the right key words; I have no freakin' idea.

I searched the Orbiter site and couldn't find one occurrence of the word "Beta". Of all the links to previous threads, I've not seen one mention of WHERE to find the Beta. I saw someone bragging that THEY HAVE the Beta. Well good for them.

I came here because my searching elsewhere came up with nothing, or the answers were inadequate to my question... not because I'm too lazy to research.

Forgive me, I can take a little razzing (like the Tuesday thing; that's fine), but when it comes down to it, how about just a freakin' straight answer?

Yaknow what? Screw it.

*blinks*

And you posted that AFTER I gave you the link. You are MOST welcome! :confused::WTF:

RSWingman

Reaction score
*blinks*

And you posted that AFTER I gave you the link. You are MOST welcome! :confused::WTF:

I came here with the question: "When does it come out?".
Before posting, I checked to see if the topic existed. Nothing came up.

I was pointed to the FAQ which stated that he doesn't announce release dates. But it still didn't answer my question of if someone knew of a time-horizon (having been around these forums, maybe someone would know more, right?).

The Beta was mentioned. I checked the Orbiter site for any occurrence of the word beta. With the exception of the gallery pics, there was nothing relevant to where I could find it.

So, everything in the proper order, it all makes perfect sense to me.

Don't mistake me for antsy just because of the tempo of the exchange. People responded quickly, so that set the pace. If it had taken someone a day or more to respond, I'd be fine as well.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
RSWingman, I've got to apologize for mis-directions:
Please go thru the forum captions slowly and carefully. You will find the answer very fast.
Would not apply, as the place needed is not open for everyone, which i failed to notice.

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

8, 13, 21, 34...
Did I pass?
(no, no help from Google!)
No, you still provided only one sequence. :)