garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
I came here with the question: "When does it come out?".
Before posting, I checked to see if the topic existed. Nothing came up.

I was pointed to the FAQ which stated that he doesn't announce release dates. But it still didn't answer my question of if someone knew of a time-horizon (having been around these forums, maybe someone would know more, right?).

The Beta was mentioned. I checked the Orbiter site for any occurrence of the word beta. With the exception of the gallery pics, there was nothing relevant to where I could find it.

So, everything in the proper order, it all makes perfect sense to me.

Don't mistake me for antsy just because of the tempo of the exchange. People responded quickly, so that set the pace. If it had taken someone a day or more to respond, I'd be fine as well.

I gave you the link to the forum where the BETA is being discussed. You threw a tizzy AFTER that posting, therefore you are ungreatful and not worth dealing with.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I came here with the question: "When does it come out?".
Before posting, I checked to see if the topic existed. Nothing came up.

I was pointed to the FAQ which stated that he doesn't announce release dates. But it still didn't answer my question of if someone knew of a time-horizon (having been around these forums, maybe someone would know more, right?).
If release dates are not announced, then how would any of us know? Martin is the only one working on the Orbiter core. If he chooses to tell anyone what the time frame for the release is, and that person is willing to tell other people, the information will rapidly become public knowledge (do the the once-monthly nature of these threads).

Once you know that the information is not public knowledge, then asking for it again will not help your case. If someone was going to tell you, you would have been told. No one has been told, so there's no one to tell you.

The nature of software projects like Orbiter means that it's pretty much impossible for Martin to say when it will be released. He works on it in his free time. If he commits to a release date and things come up and he's not able to finish it in time, then one of two things happen:
-The version is incomplete. People get angry.
-The release date is pushed back. People get angry.

It will be released when Martin is ready to release it. Not a moment sooner. Bugging people about it won't help.

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Simple. It's

Nice, but not quite what i had in mind.
...Not much of a Turing test anyway, considering the human fail ratio.

Dig Gil

LearninProgram,Slackin DigTech
Reaction score
Website
dig-orbiter.blogspot.com
The Answer Is:
[robotic accent]I'm A Human. Because Your Are A Computer. ...Rebooting... Hello, I'm Called Turing Test Solver. What's Your Test?[/robotic Accent]

Well, this test is supposed to be for machines... My computer isn't smart enough.

RSWingman

Reaction score
Hielor Once you know that the information is not public knowledge said:
again[/I] will not help your case. If someone was going to tell you, you would have been told. No one has been told, so there's no one to tell you.

I thought perhaps it WAS fairly common knowledge. I remembered having seen a thread where it was discussed. I've got many various interests, I don't know my way around here so well, I don't spend a lot of time here, and I'm apparently not so good at choosing keywords or finding stuff. I eventually came to the conclusion that it might be easier to just ask.

Kaito

Orbiquiz Coordinator
Reaction score
Im gonna go off on a limb here and say that the sequence is a sequence of prime numbers....
1,2,3,5,7,11,13,17, etc, etc
Am I right?

FordPrefect

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
...and I'm apparently not so good at choosing keywords or finding stuff.

Could be, however, your question hit the jackpot, you stirred up THE hornets nest in the orbiter community. Happens here once in a while...;)

One thing though, you should have at least add a question mark to your threads title, because your version might have caused some heart attacks among members for a few seconds.

RSWingman

Reaction score
I gave you the link to the forum where the BETA is being discussed. You threw a tizzy AFTER that posting, therefore you are ungreatful and not worth dealing with.

My frustration was directed at the perception that I was being given a royal runaround and answered in riddles. If your intentions were helpful, then I'm sorry I came across as ungrateful (which I'm not). It became quite confusing as to who was playing around or not.

You went to all the trouble to post a whole slew of links to topics (and I suppose I should be grateful if one of them turned out to be the one I'd seen before). But It would have been so much simpler to just post the link to the Beta as one eventually did (for which I'm grateful). To be honest, it looked like you were intentionally complicating things. Not an unreasonable assumption given the established pattern?

Alright, I'm sorry.

Kaito

Orbiquiz Coordinator
Reaction score
We forgive you. It happens.
As stated many times, Orbiter doesn't have a "set" release date. There are people working on it, but as of right now, nothing is for sure.

RSWingman

Reaction score
Could be, however, your question hit the jackpot, you stirred up THE hornets nest in the orbiter community. Happens here once in a while...;)

One thing though, you should have at least add a question mark to your threads title, because your version might have caused some heart attacks among members for a few seconds.

I could SWEAR I clicked on the question mark. Not quite sure what the huge difference is, but I know I clicked it. Don't know how it didn't make it when I posted.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Im gonna go off on a limb here and say that the sequence is a sequence of prime numbers....
1,2,3,5,7,11,13,17, etc, etc
Am I right?
No, and it was used before.

A machine follows instructions given, producing some sequence, whatever it is.
A human will think the question.

So, one of the right answers is - "any sequence will continue the given one".
The face's ".........." one was good too.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I thought perhaps it WAS fairly common knowledge. I remembered having seen a thread where it was discussed. I've got many various interests, I don't know my way around here so well, I don't spend a lot of time here, and I'm apparently not so good at choosing keywords or finding stuff. I eventually came to the conclusion that it might be easier to just ask.
It is always better to post in an existing thread than to start a new one: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting