New Star Wars movies confirmed (NO SPOILERS!)

fred18

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
just to add this to the trailers' sequence

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Okay... Now the big question is - how do i avoid spoilers (including the "it's awesome"/"it sucks" buzz detectable anywhere in the world) well into 2016, so i could watch it in peace after the crowds thin and prices drop out of orbit?

fred18

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Okay... Now the big question is - how do i avoid spoilers (including the "it's awesome"/"it sucks" buzz detectable anywhere in the world) well into 2016, so i could watch it in peace after the crowds thin and prices drop out of orbit?

Well... I tried to get the tickets for first day here in Italy (dec 16th) but it was impossible, so I got them for the 17th... I think that from 16th at night for 24 hours I will get back to life in the early 1900s...

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Hm. Plan B can be to hop on a plane to somewhere where they still speak english, but don't like Star Wars much...

Surprisingly, "star wars popularity by country" does not google up anything.

---------- Post added at 14:57 ---------- Previous post was at 14:49 ----------

Hm. Looks like i've seriously underestimated the interest - as of right now, all seats are free as early as evening on saturday the 19th...

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'm screwed. By the time I see it I'm pretty sure it'll be more spoiled than week-old milk sitting on a radiator.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I'll have too much going on next weekend to see it. It'll be all spoinded out before I can watch it too.

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
Q: I was five when TPM came out, so I don't really remember the hype: how does the hype for this compare with TPM? Because my theater (I live in a small town) sold out for the entire weekend for this movie a week ago. D:

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
I was 13 at the time, and i never noticed any hype above whatever noise a new big movie makes.
Then again, i wasn't aware of the existence of Star Wars back then, so i probably wasn't paying enough attention to remember.
On the other hand, i remember Titanic getting released and making noise, so there's that.

mbartley

Reaction score
There has always been hype about the Star Wars movies, probably going back to the re-release of the original movie in 1979. Action figures, models, McDonalds happy meals, Star Wars themed drink cups (collect the whole set!), video game tie-ins, etc.

As for spoilers, I don't remember much, even on the Internet.
I remember a news story from shortly before the release of Phantom Menace. Someone stole the film rolls that a theater had ready for the premier.
During the run of Return of the Jedi, there was a story going around that someone had walked into a theater early during a showing, shouted "Leia is Luke's Sister!!!!" and got chased away by a mob.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Wow some of you dudes are young... I think I was 9 or 10 when A New Hope was released (the first time). I saw all three episodes (4,5 and 6) within days of the release. But I think I stood in line longer for Empire Strikes Back.
Honestly I followed along with BSG (also, the first one) easier since it was a weekly "drama" along with Logan's Run (I love it when they run).

Now. Get off my lawn!

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
It's going to premiere in Los Angeles on Dec. 14, four days before I plan to see it. So I'll have to be really careful.

Last edited:

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
ITT: Lots of people ready to get back to middle age time from release date till the time they'll see it... And I'll be one of them too.

Don't have the exact numbers, but it's gonna be at least a week before I'll be able to even get tickets for it.

Brad

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score

Greeting for the long dark... I believe your only chance of avoiding any hype/spoiler from this is to head into The Long Dark.

Zatnikitelman

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
It would seriously be interesting to see the worldwide internet traffic over the time period just before and immediately following the premiere day/time. Don't know if all the chatter would even register though.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I think the chatter would be lost in the traffic increase from PirateBay :lol:

Frilock

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
145138-ron-paul-star-wars-its-happeni-Tk1w.gif

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Q: I was five when TPM came out, so I don't really remember the hype: how does the hype for this compare with TPM? Because my theater (I live in a small town) sold out for the entire weekend for this movie a week ago. D:

I dont remember the buildup to the Phantom Menace too well, I was just a little kid then too. From what I remember from revenge of the sith, the physical advertising is much less than I remember (I have seen very little in terms of the star wars branding on food packaging, posters, and things like that) But a lot of that seems to be balanced out by the increase in digital advertising for this year (obvious attempts at viral marketing, youtube ads, static advertising, etc. which wasnt nearly as important back in 2005 as it is now)

Star Wars is weird in that its almost like the only media franchise that the media seems to run to get on board with, instead of the other way around. Normally a big action movie needs to work to be seen through advertising and sponsorship deals, but the star wars franchise has such a huge reputation that noone can imagine it failing, so it gets a lot of attention from the press, who want to write stories about the big deal that the next star wars movie is going to be, which makes the hype train pick up even more speed, and the process repeats itself. Anybody else notice this, or is it just me?

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Jar Jar Sith?

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Even if Jar Jar turns out to be the main villain of the new movie?

Even if Jar Jar is the main character, the movie will still make stupid amounts of money. The prequels are hated by many people but still rake in the cash like crazy. Star Wars is the Golden Goose, that's why the Mouse bought it.