New Star Wars movies confirmed (NO SPOILERS!)

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Someone i know from Australia just commented that the movie "kicks arse".
Which means it's about time for internet shutdown...
Most of the world premieres today, my ticket is for tomorrow evening.

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
Well, as long as we keep it civil (and spoiler free) here, I think things will be fine.

Perhaps we need a thread like we did with "The Martian" for those of us who have seen it.

*possible subforum for the Brighton Lounge, perhaps?*

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Someone i know from Australia just commented that the movie "kicks arse".
Which means it's about time for internet shutdown...

Mine, too! 3D showing at 10:10 PM EST Thursday evening, reserved seating in a theater that has leather recliners. I'm psyched! :tiphat:

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Thursday evening, reserved seating in a theater that has leather recliners.
And I haven't got a ticket yet. :p

I still don't know whether I'll go watch it on the Wednesday before Christmas or after, between Monday and Wednesday, before new year. I only know I want a seat in the middle row, center of the theater, likely next to the aisle (if it's one of the rooms I've been before, e.g. on The Martian), but I still haven't decided between 4DX (don't know if it's worth) and a standard 3D.

Frilock

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
And I haven't got a ticket yet. :p

I still don't know whether I'll go watch it on the Wednesday before Christmas or after, between Monday and Wednesday, before new year. I only know I want a seat in the middle row, center of the theater, likely next to the aisle (if it's one of the rooms I've been before, e.g. on The Martian), but I still haven't decided between 4DX (don't know if it's worth) and a standard 3D.

Don't waste the money on 3D for this one. It doesn't add much and it obscures the lightsabers somewhat.

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

Alright, quick spoiler free review:

Actually not bad. Solid movie. Solid effects. Solid casting. Nothing over the top twist wise, had a real Star Wars feel to it. Nothing too spectacular but if you're expecting prequel levels of disappointment, you won't get it here. As a matter of fact I would say this edges out ROTJ as perhaps my third favorite. I'll probably write a bit more of an in depth review over on the spoilers page at some point but my opinion is I feel I got my money's worth and am actually looking forward to seeing where they take this trilogy.

Some other things to note here though it is does share one problem with ANH: the middle of the movie kind of drops out. Also the beginning of the movie is a bit stronger than the end. It certainly has the feel of the first part of a trilogy, but I felt the bulk of what happened in the movie was self contained. The ending felt more like the end of the 'Two Towers' instead of the end of say the end of 'The Matrix Reloaded'.

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
I liked the film. I still don't like Abrams style. But it was a enjoyable film despite the handicap.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
How exactly was the first one better than into darkness? :lol:

(not that I care for either of them very much).

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
How exactly was the first one better than into darkness? :lol:

(not that I care for either of them very much).

Getting off topic here, but the first one was a solid 'okay' as far as I was concerned. Abrams did a good job with not going overboard with the references/in-jokes, and the story wasnt painfully awful.

On the other hand, Into Darkness had plot holes big enough to drive a transport truck through, and they turned around 5 minutes after the most emotional moment in the movie and found a lame excuse to undo it.

Into Darkness was my "Done with this :censored:" moment, as far as Abrams is concerned.

Zatnikitelman

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
To me, the two Abrams Trek films aren't like Star Trek OR Star Wars as some claim (as I once did) instead I liken them more to Transformers. Fun movies, who cares about the plot?

As far as SW:TFA: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ONEONE!!1111!!!!!!!!ELEVENTYONEONEONEONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The rest will go in the spoiler topic.

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
So I made it. Saw it without having it spoiled. Overall, thumbs up.

Now off I go to the spoilers thread. So long, no-movie-seeing suckers!

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Are the Stormtroopers still their inept (keystone cops) selves, or are the acting like more elite troops?

I'm not alone in thinking that to be a (assumed) premier assault force, they're pretty bad. I don't think some of them from episode 4 could've hit water if they'd fell out of a boat. One dude (singular) just before Luke and Lea did their swing ove that chasm thingy. Rather than run and hide, he stood his ground to engage them from abave, he only moved his head to the side as a shot went ove his head. One bad dude among thousands of morons.

I should get to see this as a matinee today. I'm pretty exited, if nothing else I want to see the Falcon in flight again. There's a 'behind the scenes' youtube video where the guy plaing Finn sees the Falcon and nearly freaks out on the uber coolness of it (I'd be doing the same really).

If I were independantly wealthy, I'd build a full size 'Falcon and live in it. It'd be seriously awesome. I might have trouble explainging it to the wife, but hey (I'd be rich so who cares). Plus the 50 cals replacing the quad cannons might require some extra licensing.

And an Ebon Hawk, elsewhere on the porperty...

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Are the Stormtroopers still their inept (keystone cops) selves, or are the acting like more elite troops?
Well, without going into spoilers i can say that some of them are as smart as the first mook in the comic.
darths1281.jpg