the reason you can't put it up is this:
STATUS Landed Earth

the DLL checks and says 'if landed earth don't allow the gear to go up'

fireballs619

Occam's Taser
Donator
Reaction score
The flight went fine, sorry.

From a public standpoint, no, it didn't. The only piece of evidence you have shown us thus far that even indicates the mission was flown are pictures that have blatant procedure errors in them. What where the test objectives, in the first place? Why were they done? Will we be given access to a mission report at any point, or only pictures? If so, what will this mission report contain?

If Ky realized that the gear weren't going up, I don't see why you just didn't cancel the mission until the problem was sorted out. You don't see them attaching the shuttle to a 747 with it's gear out.

Eli13

Fish Dreamer
Reaction score
He didn't tell me. Not my fault if he didn't tell me. Nor would I have to ask, that should be something simple. So again, don't talk, until you know all the facts. Sorry, don't say you do, because you don't.
The test is to test the aerodynamic properties of the Delta Glider. They were done for the same reason. I was planning on giving a mission report on the overall ALT program, not for each and every test flight. If you ask me that would be rather redundant.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
You need a right up for each and every component otherwise thats like NASA not giving mission status briefings everyday because they are a 'bit redundant'.

fireballs619

Occam's Taser
Donator
Reaction score
How would it be redundant? You must document what happened during each test, what troubles you ran into, and what you have achieved through that test. That would be like one big 'ol mission report for Space Shuttle Enterprise, instead of a report for each test run on it. I'm just saying that from an outsider's perspective, this test doesn't look like a 100% success. You can call it what you want, but it doesn't erase the mistakes made.

Eli13

Fish Dreamer
Reaction score
I'm not going to make a blog entry for every flight, which is what you implied at first. Mission reports are made to me. Not to the public. Which, I'm sure you can understand.

fireballs619

Occam's Taser
Donator
Reaction score
May I inquire as to why you cannot make the mission reports available?

Last edited:

Eli13

Fish Dreamer
Reaction score
Mission reports will be released when the program is finished.
Is that a problem?

You may want to edit your post also. I think you're missing an "I".

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Not at all. The public gets to see everything that happens in my VSA - Admitedly I've not updated it in a while but everything is noted on the flightplan then translated into a mission update. How else can others learn? How else can others get involved in the 'story'? How else can your own VSA learn about the problems and issues faced if you don't document them?

fireballs619

Occam's Taser
Donator
Reaction score
Eli13;bt2841 said:
I have documented them, they just aren't released to the public yet.

Have they been distributed through your own VSA yet, or are you the only one who currently has access to these mission reports? It would seem beneficial to the whole story idea if people where able to read about the DG's development as it happens. Also, thanks for the grammar catch earlier. I'm surprised people were still able to understand my post with such a blatant crime against syntax.

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Eli13;bt2841 said:
I have documented them, they just aren't released to the public yet.

Note at the begining that I'm not running any VSA nor participate in one.

Information exchange in every single project involving more than 1 (one) person is crucial to achieve any goal. Threre a lot of people you can get support for your project (like advice, usefull hints etc.) from.

Eli13 said:
Mission reports will be released when the program is finished.
Is that a problem?

Yes. That is a problem. How people can paticipate in something when they have virtually no idea what is happening inside the project.

Eli13 said:
I'm not going to make a blog entry for every flight, which is what you implied at first. Mission reports are made to me. Not to the public. Which, I'm sure you can understand.

Again what is the point of making VSA and not to post any reports public? To watch nice pictures and slogans like: "DG developement programme is complete"???

Screenshot thread is for that !!!

As I stated before I'm not perticipating in any VSA but I've worked on one or 2 add-ons and noticed that information exchange & feedback of others is crucial to the project.

Try to look at any developement thread that includes more than one developer. Look at SSU - as it progresses slowly it is still making progress. And people are watching and where they can, the're helping.

Eli13 said:
He didn't tell me. Not my fault if he didn't tell me.

Ok. Mistakes happens. I suggest using simple HR/management techinque:

1. Inform your people that you're expecting comitment.

2. If one hasn't managed to do the job (with complete report, photo documentary-screenshots, detailed info etc.) consider mission a failure.

3. Do mission again with another member and move "unfortunate" one 3 missions ahead

4. If he fails again throw him out and don't listen to explanation like: I didn't have time to do it because my dog was ill.

5. Remember that most of people use Orbiter in theirs free time so give a week for every mission.

Last thing: Listen to feedback.

Personally I've recieved so good feedback on O-F and IRC Channel that actually after 9 hours of my "real" job I can sit for another 4 on developing things instead of doing something relaxing. Only reason is some people wants to see this project done.

And belive me. Satisfaction from that is priceless.

Last edited:

ky

Director of Manned Spaceflight
Reaction score
Hold up a sec.Loru I didnt fail.Im not the unfortunate one.Also instead of "If" you put "I".I did the mission and gave him the screenshots as requested from him.And if your wondering ,yes I know how to put the gear up.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Ky, you previously stated 'You try to figure it out if your so smart.I tried putting the landing gear up and it wouldnt go up.In the scenario file there is no gear value.'

Please realise that people are only trying to help prevent another VOSSA or Artemis or ISASO or OSA or many others.

If you don't wish to listen that's fine but really, people are only offering help here.

fireballs619

Occam's Taser
Donator
Reaction score
ky;bt2846 said:
Hold up a sec.Loru I didnt fail.Im not the unfortunate one.Also instead of "If" you put "I".I did the mission and gave him the screenshots as requested from him.And if your wondering ,yes I know how to put the gear up.

Then why wasn't the gear up? I'm getting confused here, as you said before you couldn't get the gear up...

ky

Reaction score
I couldnt put it up.It just wouldnt go up.I dont know the cause.Gary,I do wish to listen it's just that people just don't believe that there was a problem with the gear.

fireballs619

Occam's Taser
Donator
Reaction score
We told you the cause, though. The status in the .scn file was LANDED Earth, so it doesn't allow you to put the landing gear up. There was no problem that couldn't be fixed. Even then, if you realized there was a problem (which was caused by an error in the .scn file) then you should have taken the initiative to cancel the mission.

ky

Reaction score
I am not in charge of missions,so therefore I couldn't cancel it.Ok so that was the problem.I attached the DG while the scenario was running, so I didnt see that.

Last edited:

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
I told you the cause and the fix in a previous comment.

And if you are FLYING the mission then you are in charge. Think about astronaunts. Do they just blindly do what they are told or do they use their initative and come up with their own solutions and suggestions to problems?

Last edited:

ky

Reaction score
Ok i get your point.Also fix where you meant to say "they".