NASSP no translation control nassp apollo 8

astronauthen96

Reaction score
hi i am flying the apollo 8 mission and i clicked on the mcc4 scenario and i cannot translate to do the mid course correction i did everything in the checklist and there is no translation but i can use the rotational controls but not thc is there anything i am doing wrong?
and also i am using v.8
on 2010 and i have tried it on 2016
and still no luck there and it works right after i seperate the sivb from the csm but not for the mcc4 scenario

---------- Post added 10-10-17 at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was 10-09-17 at 11:37 PM ----------

hi i am flying the apollo 8 mission and i clicked on the mcc4 scenario and i cannot translate to do the mid course correction i did everything in the checklist and there is no translation but i can use the rotational controls but not thc is there anything i am doing wrong?
and also i am using v.8
on 2010 and i have tried it on 2016
and still no luck there and it works right after i seperate the sivb from the csm but not for the mcc4 scenario
i just solved the problem by using v.7

Last edited:

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Ah yes, the translation issue is due to a set of simulated relays that have been moved internally in NASSP from one subsystem to another (the right) one. In most scenarios that come with NASSP, such as the Apollo 8 pre MCC-4 scenario, these changes lead to the RCS not being enabled right now. NASSP 8.0 is still very much an alpha version and the only scenarios that are updated to the latest state are usually the T-4 hours prelaunch scenarios. All scenarios after launch might be broken in some ways.

The RCS can be easily enabled again in these outdated scenarios though. All you have to do is close the two SECS Arm circuit breakers on panel 8 and then on panel 2 set the RCS CMD switch to On.