Gaming O-F Dedicated FSX Server

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Which Tiger addon are you using? I looked around for one a while back but never seemed to find a good-quality one for FSX that had realistic flight parameters. The one that came closest had been edited so that the propeller was giving significantly more thrust than it ought to...

I downloaded it from Flightsim.com. It was a repaint of Tim Conrad's AA-5B Tiger. In particular, the one I'm using is aa-5btigerfsx.zip released on 3/19/2011.

ky

Director of Manned Spaceflight
Reaction score
I dont know if this works with fs2002 but i'll try.

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

Can you send me your ip address?

DanM

Поехали!
Reaction score
Alright, I'm in the server now.

Lambo

I miss IRC
Reaction score
So, I've been having a bit of a... flying adventure with Machjok from the forums on the FSX server. So far we've been slowly making our way around the world, him in the Concorde (the cheater I swear) and I in the PMDG 737-800NGX. Currently we're somewhere in India (VOHS (which doesn't exist in FSX.. that was a fun find while on approach..)).

The Route: http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=KPBI-K...ANC-KFAR-KPBI&MS=bm&DU=nm&E=180&EV=410&EU=kts

In between some of these flights when I don't have much time for 6 hour legs, we do short flights to strange places. Usually places with horrible weather or bush flying 737s in Alaska (...don't ask).

Tonight though, I found some bad weather in the UK at Stansted, the weather was at CatII mins so it'd be a challenge to fly. I was the only one to make it to the airport from Manchester (EGCC) and actually land.

I ended up flying my first autoland with the NGX (CatIII HUD landings are almost too simple...) and recorded the last moments before touchdown.

Enjoy!

And here's a video of me using the HUD for a landing at KPBI on the server.

Fun times!

MachJok

Reaction score
FSX seems to B0rk on me with this new system. I'm not sure why. It also autoreports the error with no ability to view the fault module...Oh well. I wouldn't have been able to land in a 732 in that kind of weather.

EDIT: I contest the cheating claim, last leg we arrived at the airport (which didn't exist in FSX) at the same time, I just had to wait till lambo was on descent before I took off.

Last edited:

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I'm afraid I'll be grounded for quite a while. My FSX machine has unfortunately given up the ghost. The old girl has a bad system board, and I have neither the funds nor the time right now to replace the board, processor, and memory.

Perhaps next Spring I can get a new setup that finally does FSX justice.

DanM

Поехали!
Reaction score
Is anyone up for a flight right now?

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
nope, wrong person to talk to about that. im waiting on my joystick for orbiter, plus it will be a few months before any new software gets put on (FSX, i plan on getting Trainz 12 as well) and thats going to be for christmas. here's a thought, i challenge someone to record a video of them flying an F-18 through the grand canyon...

DanM

Поехали!
Reaction score
i challenge someone to record a video of them flying an F-18 through the grand canyon...
challenge-accepted.png

I'm gonna go practice that after digesting a burger I ate and running a mile.

DanM

Поехали!
Reaction score
Is anyone up for some flying now?
Edit: I'll be in the server, doing different things around the default airport, if anyone else is interested.
Edit 2: Apparently there's something wrong with my copy of windows, so I'm stuck here in Linux for a while.

Last edited:

Napalm42

Drell Admiral, Citadel Fleet
Donator
Reaction score
If I reinstall my FSX, I'll go on.

Now to find it.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
I had the gold edition, but I had XP and no joystick...so I sold it to a friend for thirty bucks

Shinrar

Reaction score
So I was skimming through this thread, and thought I'd give FSX a try....

I'm having issues with the demo, and my Google-fu has failed me in finding any fixes for it...

When I install the demo, everything goes fine until I get to run it. One of two things happens:

The splash screen loads - and then after a moment, closes with no dialog box giving me an error. Poof. Gone.
OR
The splash screen loads - and then hangs until I force-close it...
(Exception: It loaded ONCE, I got to the start screen, and it just closed there after choosing scenario and aircraft - however, that was only once out of over 30 attempts).

Am I missing an underlying component that the full game installs but the demo didn't think to? Drivers up to date. Windows is updated (Windows XP-32bit). Etc etc... Just figured I'd throw this out here in case anyone knew what was up.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
ehhhh....... FSX hates XP with a passion.

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
I'm going to log in around 0030UTC I'll be there for three or so hours.

Airport of choice is YMLT(unless someone else has a better idea before 0030UTC).

I might be interested in formation practice in the 250--350kt range.

EDIT:

Never mind...

Last edited: