Challenge OMP Mission Control - Here you may see plans for gatherings - Join us online!!

Are you planning to join any OMP [project,challenge,race]/s ?

• Total voters

Kriss

Snowman
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.krizoek.com

• We are planning to build space stations with SSBBs. Join the project!:bartender:

Last edited:

Kriss

Snowman
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.krizoek.com
Races

No one showed up, and there will be no winners listed here this time then.
Lets have it another time, what time would it be good for all of you?

Last edited:

Shadow Addict

Reaction score
I'd venture to say that this isn't the most convenient time, considering it's nighttime for Americans on a Wednesday.

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
I'd venture to say that this isn't the most convenient time, considering it's nighttime for Americans on a Wednesday.

As opposed to the day time when we have classes and work.

Kriss

Snowman
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.krizoek.com
Races

There will be other races, everyone can host them also! Just pick time, and race:)

Kriss

Snowman
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.krizoek.com
ISS Upgrade

I am upgrading ISS at this moment with SSBBs; Someone want to join?? :thumbup:

Kriss

Results from mission:

Last edited:
E

ex-orbinaut

I am upgrading ISS at this moment with SSBBs; Someone want to join?? :thumbup:

Kriss

Results from mission:

What exactly is OMP? Is it a bit like the old days when we linked two Amigas through a homemade Null modem cable and shot each other down with Falcon, only over the 'net?

Could it possibly be useful for a cooperative OFSS mission, you know, for example using Kulch's orbital delivery aircraft to put something like a DG into orbit, with a different 'real time pilot' member of the group piloting each? Or multiple EVA to move things around?

Just wondering....:hmm: Any fellow OFSS members? Your synopsis?

(From the only OFSS member, I think, who has not had the time to get around to flying a mission yet...):)

Kriss

Snowman
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.krizoek.com
Possibilities of omp

There isn't so many limits with OMP. Yes, people can transport others. They can even share vesselcontrols with others if they allow it.

People can also shoot at eachother(if they know how to):p

The problem is that there isn't so many that takes the time to figure out what OMP really is. It can be great, and will become better when people get to know how it works.

E

ex-orbinaut

No...

Thought I would give it a try as I am always game for a laugh, but it is WAAAAYYYY above my IQ level just connecting. Read another thread you had started about how to connect, but I couldn't get head or tail of it. Rememebr, I have synapses about as agile as a school of guppies swimming through a sea of black treacle...

I'll give it a miss and continue plodding along with OAPI, WINAPI and C++ when I can. Thanks anyway...:cheers:

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Keith, you haven't flown a mission yet?? Are you scheduled for a mission? There are a few missions posted w/ no pilot assigned yet. (31 is a resupply w/ a DGIV, and 37 is a Shuttle mission). Drop a line to Tex and get signed up, if they are gone by the time you can do so, I'd be willing to give up my seat (Mission 35, a DGIV supply run) so that you could fly an "official" mission...

Back to the subject, yes I think this would be pretty cool to implement into OFSS somehow. Or at least a similar project. Particularly with any of the Greg Burch spaceplanes. Someone flies the launcher and recovers back "at base", while another makes the delivery, PAX transfer, etc...

I'd love to participate in this, but my trouble is time... "Time is the fire in which we burn", words of wisdom that only sci-fi can bring.

Last edited:

Krys

Resident Female
GFX Staff
Reaction score
I thought you wanted visitors on the server? Now you are saying anyone who visits gets shot down?

*makes mental note not to go visiting*

E

ex-orbinaut

We are getting visitors on the server, come and help us fight them!!
http://www.orbiter-forum.com/picture.php?albumid=237&pictureid=2166

It was probably me trying to link (so THAT'S what was going on)... :p

You will be assimilated!

Is that like, melted in a bucket of acid? :)

Thanks, PhantomCruiser... Got some mission catching up to do on OFSS, then put myself in the line again. I did think that a multiplayer OFSS session might be cool, but it has just got to be easier to link up for it to be remotely possible. I wasted an hour and a half last night for nought...

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
We are getting visitors on the server, come and help us fight them!!
I don't have that addon-were I too join your server, I would just see the default vessel.

When you use an obscure addon on your server, if you want people to actually use it, you should probably post a link to it.

Kriss

Snowman
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.krizoek.com
Reality

Seems the server now starts to get settled.

I hope some of you have been happy with the progress that's made.

For now I have updated the Server HQ . Now we know a little better, and I just realized that you all don't really need to forward ports. It could work on when connecting using only standard option in the omp client.

Also we are making SSBB a reality, now we can save the states of each build, and continue the build together forever. I have another person planning this project now. And he seem to want to have it very real, I'm sure he will make announcements on when It's ready. I don't think It's long until it starts for good now.

For the moment I have made it so that the [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=1891"]Space Elevator[/ame] is required, I hope that you all are saticfied with having it as a default server thing. It's very bautiful i must add.

We are also making a backup server.. This will make OMP even more reliable. If my server goes down, i will make the host omp.game-server.cc point to that backup server.

Sorry for all the port troubles, I hope everyone that we scared away will try again, this time we are better prepared. And also the newcommers. Welcome.

Kriss

Kriss

Snowman
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.krizoek.com
Orbiter Multiplayer race this Sunday!

looney-tunes-space-race-50476.311996.jpg

ETA:
[eventTimer]2009-12-20 14:00;%dd% Days %hh% Hours %mm% Minutes %ss% Seconds[/eventTimer]
Race will be on 2009-12-20 14:00 UTF
The race will be a Sprint course over Ascension. Found in [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=4126"]ORL (Orbiter Racing League) Package .[/ame] (checkpoint file "GR-Win1")

Are you not familiar with OMP (Orbiter Multiplayer Protocol), visit [[Server HQ]].
Rules: No cheating.

The lucky winner might get a surprise:thumbup:
Everyone who wants to! Come.

Kriss

Last edited: