OptimFROG.dll

NorbertWoller

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Hello,

I just have installed Orbiter 2016. I never have had trouble with older versions. But now I very often get the message: "OptimFROG.dll not found"

Any idea?

Thank you and best regards
Norbert

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Do you have something like "Lossless Audio" installed in your PC?

This should not be a standard Orbiter 2016 dependency. Orbiter traditionally has no sound.

NorbertWoller

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Do you have something like "Lossless Audio" installed in your PC?

This should not be a standard Orbiter 2016 dependency. Orbiter traditionally has no sound.

Hello Urwumpe,

thank you for your feedback. No, I haven't installed "Lossless Audio" I'm allways using OrbiterSound!

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Me either.

Do you want flies with that ?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Hello Urwumpe,

thank you for your feedback. No, I haven't installed "Lossless Audio" I'm allways using OrbiterSound!

OptimFROG seems to be a component of a special lossless audio codec, that is why I am asking. It is no dependency of Orbiter 2016. Does the message appear, when you disable OrbiterSound?

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
OptimFROG seems to be a component of a special lossless audio codec, that is why I am asking. It is no dependency of Orbiter 2016. Does the message appear, when you disable OrbiterSound?
It shouldn't as OptimFROG.dll is not used at all by OrbiterSound.dll according to DependencyWalker.

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

Doing a google search, it seems to be a dedicated codec used by one program in particular actually called OptimFROG. I would check if it is running in the background trying to hijack the sound playback requested by OrbiterSound. If it is, disable it.

turtle91

Reaction score
Just found your query again in Dan's forum, where I don't have an account...so here my guess:

Looks for me like a faulty audio-filter-setup of your Windows(XP?).
Some of this many (sound/video)codec-packs arround have some GUI, where a user can very easily screw-up his working sound setup.

In Dan's forum you mentioned, that this issue happens when you switch to external view (F1).
Maybe, you have set orbiter-sound to play music while in ext. view.
So, orbiter-sound "instructs" your OS, to play a music-file using OS-system-default-sound-settings for file-decoding.
Whatever happened to your system, it seems to be that your OS-default-decoder tries to send the decoded music-stream "through" the missing DLL.
The DLL cannot be found, so the OS (not Orbiter or Orbiter-Sound) complains about the missing/corrupted DLL.

Solution ? No clue :idk: Maybe:
If you have installed one of the many available sound/video-codec-packs...just try to open its GUI (if the pack has a GUI) and hit any "DEFAULT"-button you can find.

Important to know is, that even the possible fact, that an external whatever-mp3-player might play (without errors) your MP3's, this does not mean, you system-wide sound-config is in a good state.
Many MP3-player are using their own(good or bad) plugin-driven decoders.
Orbiter-Sound relies on your system-default-sound-setup.

Another option, just install the missing DLL and hope the best.
But I would prefer o fix your codecs-setup first.

Just a guess...I am not a Windows expert....

NorbertWoller

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Thanx a lot! I will try to give it a chance. Let's see what happend.

Once again, thank you very much!