Orbit Diagnostic Vista Compatibility

Dig Gil

LearninProgram,Slackin DigTech
Reaction score
Website
dig-orbiter.blogspot.com
I was needing to use [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3201"]Orbiter Diagnostic[/ame] because I'm not finding manually some files missing in orbiter AddOns, then after installing it, an error message pops-up saying that my computer doesn't have the MSVBVM50.DLL needed to run O.D.. I've already contacted Ar81 (O.D.'s author) and he told me to find the DLL online, then ask if someone could help me here.
I've already downloaded the DLL and tryied to install by the ReadMe text (unzip into C:/Windows/System folder) but I still get the same problem.

:sos:I'm a:n00b:

Reaction score
Howdy Partner!

I use vista, and I like it. Mostly...

Anyway, a few tips for running your games, always run as administrator, even though the extra pop up is annoying, sometimes you can completely avoid problems from it.

As with windows compatibility mode, try it on AND off, sometimes it may block off certain things from running.

IF trying these things does not work, usually and I mean "usually" its not a vista problem. The only other thing I can say is that vista came with a complete slab of NEW .dll's and didn't include some of the OLD .dll's, like the one your missing. I know, because i can't find it on my system either...

I do hope I was helpful...

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Reaction score
I did run into the same issue, I do find that vista came without some .dlls, the msvbm50.dll included. Simply download the .dll, and place it in the root of your Orbiter directory, it should work. It did for me!

Edit-- Opps, sorry, didn't realize this problem was already resolved!