General Question Orbit HUD in Radius mode...

EnDSchultz

Reaction score
Okay, so I know it's a REALLY dumb question hardly worth anyone's time but somehow I've never seen this before...I discovered that my orbit HUD is always in Radius instead of Altitude mode now no matter what scenario I load...I don't know what I did to make this happen, so, conversely, I don't know how to undo it.

EnDSchultz

Reaction score
Hm, no, that changes between surface, orbit, and dock modes. Am I just crazy? Does the Orbit HUD mode -always- display in radius format?

Wishbone

Clueless developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Press DST screen button on the right-hand side of the MFD.

EDIT: the shortcut is Shift-D. (left shift if the MFD is the left one, and right shift if it's to the right).

EDIT #2: oops. Disregard what I wrote. Listen to Orb, not me. (I somehow couldn't tell a MFD from a HUD, which are three-letter words in my vocab :lol:)

Last edited:

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Orbit HUD shows the radius. If you want altitude, change the HUD to surface mode.

---------- Post added at 23:53 ---------- Previous post was at 23:51 ----------

Press DST screen button on the right-hand side of the MFD.
That will only change the distance base for the MFD and not HUD.

EnDSchultz

Reaction score
Orbit HUD shows the radius. If you want altitude, change the HUD to surface mode.

Thanks, Orb. Jeeze...I must be going mad. I could have -sworn- the Orbit HUD (not the Orbit MFD, mind) used to display in Altitude mode...How could I only -now- notice that it doesn't and somehow think I caused this change...?

Thanks again. Now it's time for me to go turn myself in to the men in white coats. :facepalm:

Wishbone

Clueless developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
You're next in the line right after me.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks, Orb. Jeeze...I must be going mad. I could have -sworn- the Orbit HUD (not the Orbit MFD, mind) used to display in Altitude mode...How could I only -now- notice that it doesn't and somehow think I caused this change...?
Actually, in Orbiter 2006 the Orbit HUD didn't display either altitude or radius, only attitude.