Vessel Orbital Friendship Cannon

River Crab

SpaceX Cheer Captain
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
We must make the Orbital Friendship Cannon as an addon!
I thought about this, but was at a loss for a good design for the mesh! If you can give me a good reference of what it could look like, I can try (or better yet, give me a finished model :p). You can even use my Rainbow Dash XR2 as a shuttle. ;D

iamwearingpants

Just an Earth-bound misfit, I
Reaction score
I thought about this, but was at a loss for a good design for the mesh! If you can give me a good reference of what it could look like, I can try (or better yet, give me a finished model :p). You can even use my Rainbow Dash XR2 as a shuttle. ;D

I have a challenge
rainbow-dash-o.gif

Bring it on!

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

Ok, basic concept done. There were no appearances in the show, but there are internet drawings.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/48481896/OFC.pdf
I love inventor!

River Crab

SpaceX Cheer Captain
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I have a challenge
rainbow-dash-o.gif

Bring it on!

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

Ok, basic concept done. There were no appearances in the show, but there are internet drawings.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/48481896/OFC.pdf
I love inventor!

THIS IS COOL. :D
Except you'd probably need to make something like this very big to do damage on the surface, and with the angle of the mirrors, you've actually created a retroreflector. :p But now I'm getting ideas! :)

Also, 900th post. Yay~

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I've been wondering about an Orbital Friendship Cannon add-on. How are we going to make the hundreds-of-kilometers-long Friendship laser(s)? For the station itself, I was thinking of 1 cylinder surrounded by 5 shorter cylinders. (1 + 5 = 6 Elements of Harmony)

Last edited:

River Crab

SpaceX Cheer Captain
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I figure a dummy thruster(s) would do the job for the beam. Fuel (Some kind of friendship ammunition) would come from canisters delivered by the XR2.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Well, that's not a 1000 km long exhaust.
Indeed. It's only 30 Km long, and is not a rainbow.

Btw, what's with all the ponies?
Is that a new meme of some sort?

Eli13

Fish Dreamer
Reaction score
Indeed. It's only 30 Km long, and is not a rainbow.

Btw, what's with all the ponies?
Is that a new meme of some sort?

Its a fandom, not a meme. Though, it has produced meme-like images, with catchphrases used often between fans of the show. This is one of those ideas that caught on around the fandom, and is apparently being implemented into Orbiter.

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Its a fandom, not a meme. Though, it has produced meme-like images, with catchphrases used often between fans of the show. This is one of those ideas that caught on around the fandom, and is apparently being implemented into Orbiter.

For those who don't know,
The Orbital Friendship Cannon is actually a meme based on Rainbow Dash's "Sonic Rainboom".
Sonic_rainboom.png

A screencap from the show makes it look like a beam being fired from orbit.
ilvr7b.jpg

Last edited:

Napalm42

Drell Admiral, Citadel Fleet
Donator
Reaction score
I'm not terribly interested in this show, but, if I may, I found a rather interesting looking one on a search trying to find out what this was.