Orbiter 080919 beta error

Disconnect

Reaction score
Hi!

I wanted to try the ogla client, so i've downloaded the newes beta orbiter. When i try to run orbiter.exe, or orbiter_ng.exe or lnk, i get this error message: "This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling application may fix the problem."

I redownloaded it, i tried 080916, but same. I'm using Windows XP x64 SP2 maybe that x64 is the problem?

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
no no problems with x64 I have it and it works fine
and welcome to the forum

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
"This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling application may fix the problem."
You should make a clean Orbiter 2006 install and copy the beta pack over it, it won't work by itself.
If you done that, check that you did it right.

first download Orbiter 2006 (the current version) then download these in order from bottom to top.
The betas are cumulative.

Disconnect

Reaction score
no matter it's clean or not, the program just don't start. It is't start to load other files, just it don't start. But every program exept this, running as they should, the original orbiter 2006 p1 too. The difference in exes, that in beta exe there are some xml like lines at the end of file.

What is needed to run it? Maybe .net 1.1? I have just 2.0.

martins

Orbiter Founder
Orbiter Founder
Reaction score
Website
orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk
This problem could be caused runtime link failures due to missing DLLs, possibly from the VC++ runtime environment (see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948854).

Can you try to check your orbiter.exe with the dependency walker (should be available for free online) and see if it reports any missing modules, in particular from the VC runtime environment, such as e.g. msvcrt.dll.

Note that my installation reports problems with dwmapi.dll, shlwapi.dll and mpr.dll. I have no idea what they are, but since orbiter runs ok, these can probably be ignored.

Disconnect

Reaction score
i've installed this dependency walker, and as the article writes, i've selected the exe, right click but i couldn't click on dependencies, because it's not there...

now accidently i've found the walker in a directory, of course not with that name what help says, but i don't expect more from ms :)

there was 3 missing dlls i copied them to orbiter directory, system system32 but i get the same error
omg the problem is now, that these dll-s are for x86 and not x64 but i can't find these dlls x64

now i found vcredist x64, what contained these dlls. Now i get the same error.

So this isn't the problem.

Last edited:

Disconnect

Reaction score
event log says, the MSVCRT80.DLL is missing. Ofc visual c redist isn't conatins it, and i can't find a download link for this file...

Disconnect

Reaction score
no it don't fix the problem, cuz it isn't contains this file. I tried it 6456 times.

not beta orbiter is working, worked always.

jarmonik

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
event log says, the MSVCRT80.DLL is missing. Ofc visual c redist isn't conatins it, and i can't find a download link for this file...

Are you absolutely sure that there is the letter " T " in MSVCRT80.dll or are you talking about MSVCR80.DLL ?

-----Posted Added-----

There are Redistributable Packages for IA-64 and x64 here. Have you tried them ?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloadS/...7C-5D6B-4432-8186-85DF93DD51A9&displaylang=en

http://www.microsoft.com/downloadS/...2D-33C0-4A47-9DD4-B9A6D7BD44DA&displaylang=en

If these won't work there is nothing more I can do.

-----Posted Added-----

Here are NET 2.0 SP1 Redistributables for x86, IA64 and x64

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...77-E02C-4AD3-AACF-A7633F706BA5&displaylang=en

Last edited:

Disconnect

Reaction score
now with .net 2.0 sp1 x64 its working, so i got another error:
ogla log
2008. 10. 14. 0:22:51| Graph| Error: Error in Renderscn

with a new install, i just get ctd without error messages in logs.

Star explorer

Reaction score
this is why when i tried to get the beta working and it failed i gave up to much work

jarmonik

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
this is why when i tried to get the beta working and it failed i gave up to much work

That's not good. These things must be worked out so that we can trace the problem and make the final release working as well as possible for everyone.

-----Posted Added-----

now with .net 2.0 sp1 x64 its working, so i got another error:
ogla log
2008. 10. 14. 0:22:51| Graph| Error: Error in Renderscn

with a new install, i just get ctd without error messages in logs.

OGLA client is not currently working with Orbiter Beta. I am sure that Authors are working the problem. Also OGLA related errors / problems shoud be reported in OGLA Client thread. The authors of OGLA client may not be reading this thread.

OGLA Client Thread: http://orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?p=49754#post49754

So, you got the Orbiter Beta running after installing .NET 2.0 SP1 x64 Right ? I just wanted to be sure.