Reaction score
Website
orbiter.mustard-fr.com
Hi,

I assembled my new computer
_I7-2600k
_Asus Sabertooth P67 (b3)
_8Go DDR3-2000MHz
_GeForce GTX560ti 1Go GDDR5 (drivers on date)
_1Go Sata III
_Win7 64b home

But i have a great problem. Orbiter is very slow, 2 FPS with my space station and 10 PS with legal scenario ISS-DG. In more i have frequent white flash in O2006, and some time in O2010.
It's strange because with my old computer (Intel E6600) the FPS was around 10 with my space station.
I delete de Orbiter.cfg and Device.dat, and select my card in the game but that didn't fix it. I tried the XP compatibility, the cleartype diseable, but it was same.

Do you have an idea please ? is it a probleme with 64 bits or graphic card (drivers) ?

I tested other sgames (Medal of honor, Call of duty) and is very quick. So i don't have an hardware problem.

thx you for your help, i'm desespered because Orbiter is unplayeable

tl8

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Have you selected the right device? RGB Emulation will kill your frame rate.

Edit Under the Video Tab -> 3d Device
Also try "Always Enumerate Devices"

fort

Reaction score
C'est peut être sans rapport direct, mais à voir tout de même:

Certains, dont moi, avions un problème à l'installation standard de la version 2010, qui normalement fait un "check" de ce qui est disponible sur l'ordinateur ( et, si je ne me trompe, installe les visual C, s'ils ne sont pas présents ). Or, même après une longue attente, le "check" ne se terminait pas.

Pour contourner le problème, une solution consistait à aller chercher dans un sous dossier de orbiter ( sous dossier bin je crois ) un fichier orbiter.bin; de le renommer en orbiter.exe; de le placer à la racine de Orbiter en remplacement du orbiter.exe originel, et de lancer orbiter avec ce fichier. Ayant préalablement, mais cette fois directement, manuellement, ( et non par l'intermédiaire du "check", donc ), installé, si nécessaire, les visual C dont l'exécutable se trouve dans un sous dossier orbiter ( je ne sais plus lequel, peut être le sous dossier bin, aussi).

A essayer...

J'ajouterais avoir lu ici et là, et sur ce forum même, à différentes reprises, des problèmes relatifs aux cartes graphiques qui trouvaient une solution par une réinstallation avec des pilotes de cartes plus anciens ( s'ils s'en trouvaient ) que ceux du moment.

Last edited:

Poscik

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I have option to select: Direct3D T&L HAL (NVIDIA GeForce 7600GT). You should have something similar to that. I also have 64bit Win7 and 64bit drivers.

Rtyh-12

Reaction score
On Doug's (dbeachy1, the guy who made the awesome XR-2) page, there is a download, VistaBooster IIRC. It increases the framerate on Vista, but on 7 it works just as well.

Last edited:

Grover

Saturn V Misfire
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
on the video tab, tock "Disable hardware pageflip", that gets rid of the white flashes (for 2010 at least)

Robdotcom71

Reaction score
One thing that annoys me is that when I run Orbiter under Win 7 I lose access to Windows Aero... anyone know how to fix this? I run Orbiter in window mode btw... allows me to keep browsing the net....

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
One thing that annoys me is that when I run Orbiter under Win 7 I lose access to Windows Aero... anyone know how to fix this? I run Orbiter in window mode btw... allows me to keep browsing the net....
Desktop composition (aero glass) is disabled for performance/compatibility reasons while the DX7 renderer is active.