Search Orbiter 2010 hi-res KSC

Ripley

Tutorial translator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttovola.org
But still, your post #6 shows that you only have the "vanilla" textures...even if you installed L11_14.

I'm not at home now, where I have the install I took my screenshots from (post #5).
In a couple of hours I'll be able to post some more, at a closer/longer range.

martins

Orbiter Founder
Orbiter Founder
Reaction score
Website
orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk
I still have a few high-resolution tiles for the KSC around somewhere. I was meant to upload them for a long time now, but never got around to do it. Maybe I will find a bit of time to pack them up and upload them, but I can't yet promise when.

TitanII

Reaction score
I still have a few high-resolution tiles for the KSC around somewhere. I was meant to upload them for a long time now, but never got around to do it. Maybe I will find a bit of time to pack them up and upload them, but I can't yet promise when.

Now that would be outstanding! Don't think there's a higher authority on Orbiter than the "Bossman" himself! :tiphat:

But still, your post #6 shows that you only have the "vanilla" textures...even if you installed L11_14.

I'm not at home now, where I have the install I took my screenshots from (post #5).
In a couple of hours I'll be able to post some more, at a closer/longer range.

Well, it appears I've sorted the issue with the surrounding area (see post #38), but I'm still somewhat confused by a statement such as this one regarding the default KSC tiles:

And they look much better than Hi-res KSC :).

I realize everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I would have to loudly disagree with that one:

Comparison.jpg

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I realize everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I would have to loudly disagree with that one:

Comparison.jpg

Yep, for the resolution it's true, they look better. But I just don't like that ugly change between the dark-green KSC tiles and the brighter Earth texture. Let's see what Martin will give us! :)

That would be amazing. Do you also have Level 12 to 14 textures for other areas of the world? I'd love to see my country in higher resolutions.

martins

Orbiter Founder
Orbiter Founder
Reaction score
Website
orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk
Do you also have Level 12 to 14 textures for other areas of the world? I'd love to see my country in higher resolutions.

Good quality free global maps of that resolution are not easy to come by. There is a Landsat-based free map around which would be sufficient for level 12 (http://www.unearthedoutdoors.net/global_data/true_marble/download), but like many Landsat maps it has many areas heavily contaminated by cloud cover, so would probably need extensive editing.

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'm downloading via torrent now, the direct files aren't working here! I used IE9, Google Chrome and Firefox 4!

martins

Orbiter Founder
Orbiter Founder
Reaction score
Website
orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk
I have now uploaded the KSC highres tileset to orbithangar:

[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=5583"]http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=5583[/ame]

blixel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I made some additional Old/New screenshots for you to look at. These are large(ish) images (1594x872), so you can see more detail. If you open the old & new in two different tabs, you can switch back and forth to compare.

Old - 1
dl830.jpg

New - 1
r4IpZ.jpg

Old - 2
BLp33.jpg

New - 2
odywS.jpg

Old - 3
85Ja6.jpg

New - 3
5C1Jq.jpg

Old - 4
WEQRm.jpg

New - 4
9xi4K.jpg

And finally, here's a look at the new high res tiles at the point where they are blended into the other tiles.

High up
thxQ7.jpg

Low down
z3pOY.jpg