Orbiter 2010-P1 released

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
The new XR vessels come with lights so you don't need to add them :p and I'm pretty sure you could just use Lua to add a light source to the DGIV, last time I looked it was documented pretty well and should be relatively easy

Tommy

Reaction score
I don't think you can mod the DGIV for this - it has to be in the vessel's .dll.

Doug has released updates for the XR series - in fact older versions won't work in 2010P1. The XR series have nav/docking lights and thruster lights for main and hover engines.

Other than that, I'm sure someone will get around to making a mod that allows adding nav lights to other vessels.

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
The DGIV works fine here :thumbup: it might be a good idea for you to try it on a clean Orbiter install

Tommy

Reaction score
The current DGIV version works on both 2010 and 2006P1, so it isn't derived from the Vessel3 class. I'm with Woo on this one, sounds like an install problem or conflict with another add-on.

Salun

Das Bluejay El DESTROY YOU ALL
Reaction score
Odd non of my XR vessels work and I know Im up to date with them. Can't see of they have lights.

orb

O-F Administrator,
News Reporter
Reaction score
Odd non of my XR vessels work and I know Im up to date with them. Can't see of they have lights.
Did you check "Local light sources" checkbox at "General effects" on "Visual effects" tab? Did you switch on any of navigational lights or fire the engine?

Salun

Reaction score
Did you check "Local light sources" checkbox at "General effects" on "Visual effects" tab? Did you switch on any of navigational lights or fire the engine?

No because my XR vessels are causing my Orbiter to crash

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
So only the original Delta Glider has the local lights right? Or am I missing something?

orb

O-F Administrator,
News Reporter
Reaction score
So only the original Delta Glider has the local lights right? Or am I missing something?
If you ask whether other versions of DeltaGlider have local lights, then also DG-XR1 has local lights defined.
If you ask if only DeltaGlider of the stock vessels has local lights, then no, also stock Atlantis uses local light sources for engines.

Salun

Reaction score
Yeah my stupidity I put the updaes in the wrong folder orginally. Fixed the issue

JonnyBGoode

Sky Marshal
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yikes! Now that I've gotten done installing hundreds of add-ons... which files have changed, which are essential? :blink:

Nevermind I think I've got this figured... the 7z file has only the files that have changed, amirite?

Last edited:

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
If you ask whether other versions of DeltaGlider have local lights, then also DG-XR1 has local lights defined.
If you ask if only DeltaGlider of the stock vessels has local lights, then no, also stock Atlantis uses local light sources for engines.

I meant to ask was is if its possible to get non-stock vehicles to have local lights?

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
ComputerRex proved it was possible to add lights to every thruster in a session. So I'm confident that we'll see plugins allowing to associate thrusters & light sources for a given vessel (maybe via a MFD, or just a module...)

Marg

Reaction score
thanks to Martin!!!
local lights - it`s huuuuge feature!

P.S. Only... what is necessary to make local lights (from exhausts) work - default atlantis has this feature, but not Shuttle fleet :(

At least someone has to program pad 39 lights...

Last edited:

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Oops, looks like I have missed something. Such things should be announced on the main O-F page just like rule changes! Thanks for the update, Martin!