Orbiter 2015 Calender [Submissions closed]

Dantassii

HUMONGOUS IMS shipbuilder
Reaction score
Hopefully I'll get mission 230 completed this evening and I'll take some under construction screen captures of the Lunar Station that I'm building with an XR5 docked to it for scale comparison. Might be suitable for the calendar so I'll post them here when I get them.

Dantassii
HUMONGOUS IMS shipbuilder

jroly

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Nicholander, I think they are still too dark to be accepted, try getting more of the planet during daylight in. I took a screenshot of the satellite awhile ago at Mars, it was very deep in the atmosphere thou but was better photogenic shot than higher up in orbit.

0Jgqzm7.jpg

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
The theme would be "What if..."

whatif1.png

whatif2.png

(straight from D3D9)

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Nicholander, only the last photo is a bit limit. But I took it anyway.

Wow, 11 people posted already! That's amazing! So far almost 20 photos, not bad. :)

kamaz

Unicorn hunter
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Exodus 34/7

3sH2xEX.jpg

(Add-on credits: [ame="http://orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=6405"]Future Earth V2.0[/ame] [ame="http://orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=6506"]Space hotel v0.2.1[/ame] D3D9Client)

Last edited:

Unstung

Reaction score
I want to ask this selfish question ahead of the poll:

Will it be discouraged to vote for ourselves? Self-votes can be subtracted, so I wouldn't want to waste my votes and rather give more support to my next favorite entries instead.

One more thing, the minimum resolution of 1280x720 doesn't seem to really apply. Can the minimum resolution be better defined?

jroly

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Unstung
Troll-Face-Dancing1.jpg

I won't vote for myself, but I will vote for others that I think are really good. Still a lot of time, two more weeks, I suspect there will be a few pages of images by then,

Unstung

Reaction score
Unstung
Troll-Face-Dancing1.jpg

I won't vote for myself, but I will vote for others that I think are really good. Still a lot of time, two more weeks, I suspect there will be a few pages of images by then,
Yeah, I implied my entries are my favorites so far, and they might stay that way. Selfish and biased.

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Still my best pic of all time:

YPa4r2K.jpg

other possibilities:

BhOvVpw.jpg

8f0ekjJ.jpg

3TvR2iJ.jpg

(maybe a back page? ;))

picture.php

asbjos

tuanibrO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Here are my entries:
1.png

A Shuttle A in lunar orbit. Orbiter 2014 and the D3D9 Client.

2.png

A Delta Glider in Earth Orbit. Orbiter 2014 and the D3D9 Client.

3.png

The Space Shuttle launching into sunrise. Orbiter 2014 and the D3D9 Client.

4.png

A XR5 Vanguard climbing to orbit. Orbiter 2010, the D3D9 Client, XR5 Vanguard and Canadian Space Agency skin by pennyblack.

5.png

A V2 rocket over Florida. Orbiter 2014, the D3D9 Client and V2 by Igel.

6.png

A saucer arriving at Saturn. Orbiter 2010, the D3D9 Client and Saucer by Jason Benson.

Forgive me if some of the photos are a tad too black.

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The first 2 are really nice asbjos. The one with the DG above Earth is really pretty. :thumbup:

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I want to ask this selfish question ahead of the poll:

Will it be discouraged to vote for ourselves? Self-votes can be subtracted, so I wouldn't want to waste my votes and rather give more support to my next favorite entries instead.

One more thing, the minimum resolution of 1280x720 doesn't seem to really apply. Can the minimum resolution be better defined?
I can't control self-votes, so if you want to go ahead, but I'll state a gentleman's agreement on the vote: try to look at the pics as if they were from unknown persons, and choose the best one.

Also, I can't really force the resolution to be greater than Full HD, because many people here play on laptop with 720p screens (1280x720) or even less if windowed. Take into account the fact that you sometimes crop the pictures to have a better view.
So no I can't force it for fair game, but I can however recommend it. I also think (and recommend) that people look at the resolution before voting. The clearer the better.

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I can't control self-votes, so if you want to go ahead, but I'll state a gentleman's agreement on the vote: try to look at the pics as if they were from unknown persons, and choose the best one.

Also, I can't really force the resolution to be greater than Full HD, because many people here play on laptop with 720p screens (1280x720) or even less if windowed. Take into account the fact that you sometimes crop the pictures to have a better view.
So no I can't force it for fair game, but I can however recommend it. I also think (and recommend) that people look at the resolution before voting. The clearer the better.

Not sure I understand what the problem is, you cant thank your own post on the forums anyways. Or is this a poll later on?

Its incredible looking at those pictures of Earth from the Orbiter 2014 with D3D9, the planet rendering is literally the best I have ever seen. The shots of Earth are almost indistinguishable from real photos IMO. I cant remember ever seeing that even in state-of-the-art modern CGI rendering. Maybe most CGI rendering for films nowadays skews towards over-saturation a little bit?

I really need to try the new beta on Christmas break :hailprobe:

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yes, a poll will be created on the 15 (or around, depends on my availability) for people to vote.

Also, should I keep the "one pic per user" since I have now the minimum needed for the calendar or go and put every picture posted because it adds more photo to select? The former seems the more often used, and the simpler since you vote on less things, but the latter adds more diversity to the pictures. What had been clear in my head is now full of questions, meh :lol:

perseus

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
cmlander0.jpg

Breaking dawn
ganymedes2311.jpg

Trio of orbs or cosmic billiard
poliphiperion.jpg

service station area
Hiperion00.jpg

rings paths

Last edited:

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I'd think that maybe a user should submit the one picture that he (or she) really likes for consideration.

Here's a suggestion, 12 months=12 pictures; but there is also the "prestigious" Cover Picture (bell and whistles here) for the "winner". Then honorable mentions can go on a collage thingy for the back cover.

So there's at least 13 pictures "featured", with the remaining to go on the back. Maybe the winners can choose what month they want their picture to represent?

Or whatever. It's all good.