Orbiter 2015 Calender [Submissions closed]

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
That was the original plan: the first 13 will get to the calendar, as explained in the opening post. Also submitters were asked to put their favorite pic on top, and then 3 other ones, if they wanted, so that I had more pictures - if not enough people posted.
But now that I do have enough posters to only take 1 per person, I asked if I should still take all the entries because to be honest I like all of them.

Also perseus, your first and third pictures contains a little bit too much darkness in them (bad for printers, really :( ). The second one is good enough tho.
Too bad, I really liked the shot with Jupiter and Io!

---------- Post added at 13:41 ---------- Previous post was at 13:06 ----------

And here is my own submission to it: (Edited to swap positions)
Best science labs EVAHH !!!
SolarLiner.jpg

SolarLiner_2.png

Last edited:

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Here's an oldie !!

Attachments

• Columbia.jpg
    Columbia.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 34

Dantassii

HUMONGOUS IMS shipbuilder
Reaction score
Lunar Station During Construction Mission 230

This is a screen capture taken during Lunar Station Construction Mission 230 after the assembly phase was completed. There's an XR5 attached on the right side of the fuel tank farm to give you some idea of the scale. The tank farm is about 85% complete as of this mission. 12 more of the HUGE LOX-LH2 tanks (1 per mission) and then 204 LOX-CH4 tanks (4 per mission) along with some shielding radiators will be needed to complete the tank farm. This 1 side of the tank farm has enough fuel in it to refuel an Arrow transport 5 times with LH2 and has even more LOX-LH2 and LOX-CH4 tankage than it has LH2 tankage. There will be a mirror image tank farm on the other side when it makes it to Phase 1 Complete.

I turned off the HUD data but the frame rate I was seeing at this angle was 10-11 FPS. And yes, that is the Earth down in the lower right corner of the picture.

Note: Got a new screen capture, hope this one is the right dimensions. I tend to crop my screen captures to concentrate on the point of interest in the photo and to make it as small as possible. The actual picture is 1674x1021 pixels, but this site auto-crops it to 1200x732. If this picture is chosen for the calendar, I'll figure out some way to get the original 1674x1021 pixel photo to the printers.

picture.php

I plan on flying a few more missions (at least to mission 250) before I post the scenario file here so folks can fly an MMU around the outside of the station.

This is a pre-integration version of the Lunar Station, so the radiators and solar arrays are not deployable.

230 missions down, 4,270 missions to go....

Dantassii

Last edited:

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I am afraid that this photo doesn't fit the requirements ...
It's almost square shaped, and is way below the minimum of 1280x720 required. As it needs to fit in a A4 paper, it will get blurry.
The shortcut to hide the HUD info is "I". Then you will be able to take full screen screenshots.

Dantassii

Reaction score
I put a new photo in my original post that should have proper dimensions.

Dantassii

Reaction score
Still not big enough ... But if you really can't do better, I'll accept it.

Not big enough? The picture that I uploaded is 1674 x 1021 pixels. The site autocrops it to 1200x732 and there's nothing I can do about that.

If the picture gets chosen for the calendar, I'll get you the original 1674x1021 pixel picture somehow.

Dantassii

Last edited:

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
I'll get you the original 1674x1021 pixel picture somehow.
Either external hosting, or attached to a post as: image (there's max. 1920x1200) or zipped. I don't know if "gallery" rescales images when you upload them, but albums do, indeed.

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
This is a screen capture taken during Lunar Station Construction Mission 230 after the assembly phase was completed. There's an XR5 attached on the right side of the fuel tank farm to give you some idea of the scale. The tank farm is about 85% complete as of this mission. 12 more of the HUGE LOX-LH2 tanks (1 per mission) and then 204 LOX-CH4 tanks (4 per mission) along with some shielding radiators will be needed to complete the tank farm. This 1 side of the tank farm has enough fuel in it to refuel an Arrow transport 5 times with LH2 and has even more LOX-LH2 and LOX-CH4 tankage than it has LH2 tankage. There will be a mirror image tank farm on the other side when it makes it to Phase 1 Complete.

I turned off the HUD data but the frame rate I was seeing at this angle was 10-11 FPS. And yes, that is the Earth down in the lower right corner of the picture.

Note: Got a new screen capture, hope this one is the right dimensions. I tend to crop my screen captures to concentrate on the point of interest in the photo and to make it as small as possible. The actual picture is 1674x1021 pixels, but this site auto-crops it to 1200x732. If this picture is chosen for the calendar, I'll figure out some way to get the original 1674x1021 pixel photo to the printers.

picture.php

I plan on flying a few more missions (at least to mission 250) before I post the scenario file here so folks can fly an MMU around the outside of the station.

This is a pre-integration version of the Lunar Station, so the radiators and solar arrays are not deployable.

230 missions down, 4,270 missions to go....

Dantassii

Whats the structre at the upper right hand corner of the photo? The station is so big its hard to identify individual parts now :lol:

Definitely make another go at it Dantassii, this should make it into the calendar IMHO. The only thing I might change is that moon texture, it looks so bland to my eyes without any crater shadowing, just my 2/5 nickel. :tiphat:

Dantassii

Reaction score
Whats the structure at the upper right hand corner of the photo? The station is so big its hard to identify individual parts now.

That is the row of RCS thruster quads that I added to give the ship some sort of attitude control. I posted a closeup of this thruster bar from inside the XR5 cockpit after mission 180 on the Orbiter Screenshots thread. Each box is a thruster quad and there are LOTS of boxes. There is another one in front the XR5 as well.

Ok, I've added the picture as an attachment instead of from my album. Hopefully it comes out to full resolution here.

As for the moon, I can't really help that. The Lunar Station is so HUGE that I have to zoom out quite a bit to get the whole thing in the picture with the proper sun angle so you can actually see it. The moon is where the moon is. Sorry. :(

Dantassii

Attachments

• Lunar_Station_Mission_230b.jpg
    Lunar_Station_Mission_230b.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
My humble contribution. Cygnus will fly again!

z6kUGv0.jpg

I don't know if this violates the rule about darkness but (imo) it's such a sweet shot of a great vehicle.

Last edited:

Unstung

Reaction score
That has a really nice figure ground relationship, but according to the rules there's definitely too much black.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I shudder to think of the ink expended to print the picture. Awesome for a wallpaper though.

Spacethingy

Multitasker
Reaction score
Website
spacethingy.weebly.com
My humble contribution. Cygnus will fly again!

z6kUGv0.jpg

I don't know if this violates the rule about darkness but (imo) it's such a sweet shot of a great vehicle.

That atmospheric effect is beautiful! Is that a client effect?

You could always do this, although I feel that might slightly break the no-heavy-post-production rule slightly... :lol:
Yv4INsD.jpg

Colour-inverted version of Kyle's image