News ORBITER ADDON COMPETITION DEVELOPMENT THREAD

doggie015

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
A Note to all contestants: I just got word that Nickmick95 has been banned for good so if anyone else wants to take over for him, then tell us on this thread; otherwise, i'll take over:)
I can takeover judging; it can be a good thing to help make my A380 better as well (P.S. I need a hand with landing gear anims)

NukeET

Gen 1:1
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Don't know if you solved this problem already or got an answer elsewhere, but:

The entire scene behind a transparent object needs to be constructed before the transparent object, or else you won't see it. It's a z-buffer thing.

Solution: put transparent groups as the last groups in your .msh file.

Thanks very much Hielor!:woohoo:

I appreciate your answer to this problem. No, I didn't solve it on my own yet, nor did I receive an answer from elsewhere. I plan to give you credit for help when I release this surface base.

:cheers:

Talon1

Semi-Intermediate Add-on Dev.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I can takeover judging; it can be a good thing to help make my A380 better as well (P.S. I need a hand with landing gear anims)
Ok, i'm taking over as competition admin and doggie015 can help me out
(also doggie015, post your A380, I might be able to help you:))

-----Posted Added-----

Also, please tell me who's doing what in this competition. I already know that Andy44, Artlav, GregBurch, Istochnikov, J_Aerospace, kulch, MajorTom, Talon1(me), unussapiens, Usonian are entered for SPACESHIP category.

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
May I know why has Nickmick95 been banned?
:::
Unfortunately Nickmick95 failed to follow the rules time and time again, even after all of the staff were more than polite and patient with him. In return we got nothing but attitude. I made the decision to terminate his account after he received many infractions leading to a 7-day ban as he decided to create multiple accounts to avoid the ban which is an automatic account termination as stated in rule #2. Not to mention the script code he posted attempting to hack the site, behavior like that is not tolerated.

If he wants to create his own little forum thats perfectly fine as he can't seem to play fair here, so maybe he can do so on his own site.

Istochnikov

Costa Rica Space Systems' CEO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
DEVelpoment Status

My dev status:

I have two projects in development:

1: The Jupiter Europa Explorer (JEO) propossed as NASA Flagship mission for 2017 (CRSS office in San Joaquin de Flores, Heredia :p)

(Mission Picture)
eedevfg6.jpg

3d modelling is finished :speakcool:. Now I'm coding the module: first in spacecraft3, later in C++ (need help for coding some new techs i want to implement).

Other thing to do is the scenario planning... so HARD to do. :sorry:

2: It will be choosen between BSS 601 satellite bus or the Orbital Star satellite bus. (CRSS Office in Nicoya, Guanacaste :p)

(Sample Satellite Pictures, there are aprox 8-10 models. Older images. The new models have new textures based in the BSS 702 :speakcool:)
bss601djr8on3.jpg
bss601ejd3pm0.jpg

Both have 3D modelling almost finished and BSS 601 has some coding in Spacecraft3, later to be implemented in C++. :speakcool:

I have some coding questions:
1-How can i implementate an alternating engine-running sequence (see images at the first page if the question gets you a WTF-squared face)
2-How can i implementate sun-tracking solar panels and/or earth-facing antennae?
3-How can put info in the HUD?
4-How can i simulate RTG power disminution?

Last edited:

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
I know this is kind of late but can I enter some thing ?

Talon1

Semi-Intermediate Add-on Dev.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Does anyone here need anyomore time to finsh thier addons??? I can extend the due date if needed.:)

Also, just got my computer fixed (yay!!!) and I only need 30 more posts till 100!!!!

NukeET

Gen 1:1
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Does anyone here need anyomore time to finsh thier addons??? I can extend the due date if needed.:)

Also, just got my computer fixed (yay!!!) and I only need 30 more posts till 100!!!!

Looks like the original thread is missing the original rules for this competition:

http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=3876

It also looks like Nickmick95 deleted the contents of the first post and changed the title of the thread.

That being said, does anyone remember what the original deadline was?

:blink:

Istochnikov

Costa Rica Space Systems' CEO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yay!!! Too soon!!!

And i have to reinstall both my desktop and my laptop... :(

A little question: it's necesary that the add-on would be based in a custom DLL or the add-on could be based in spacecraft-3 DLL?

Nickmick

Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry about the rules.Here are the competition rules: Addon due by Nov. 14, Public polls decide who wins for each category, Once all polls from each category finish, the winners of that category goes into the final poll which will decide who becomes Ultimate Addon Developer.