Orbiter Beta crashes when going to the moon

Zebbieman

Reaction score
in orbiter beta when I reach half way to the moon, all of the sudden orbiter crashes! All I get is "Orbiter.exe has stopped working" is there a way to fix this? will I just need to wait for the developer to fix the problem? Thanks! :tiphat:

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Please see my article here. Also, please remember that the Orbiter Beta versions are, as the name suggests, beta software, which means they're not finished software - you should expect bugs and problems while trying to run them. If a stable experience is what you're after, you'd be much better trying the stable Orbiter 2010-P1 versions available from the download pages.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
There's a lot more information we'd need to help you troubleshooting your problem; what craft were you flying? What other addons are you using (IMFD, TransX, etc).

Zebbieman

Reaction score
Please see my article here. Also, please remember that the Orbiter Beta versions are, as the name suggests, beta software, which means they're not finished software - you should expect bugs and problems while trying to run them. If a stable experience is what you're after, you'd be much better trying the stable Orbiter 2010-P1 versions available from the download pages.
Thanks, I do always expect bugs from orbiter beta, however I was hoping there was a fix to this problem! (always curious to see!)

Zebbieman

Reaction score
There's a lot more information we'd need to help you troubleshooting your problem; what craft were you flying? What other addons are you using (IMFD, TransX, etc).

I was flying the delta glider, I really was just using the orbit MFD I don't use TransX or anything else for lunar trips. I just eyeball it! (And I get it every time! somehow...)

I do use orbiter sound, but I can't really see how that can effect the game.
well little things can mess up a game big time though!

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Thanks, I do always expect bugs from orbiter beta, however I was hoping there was a fix to this problem! (always curious to see!)

There might be. We would need to see the logs from your Orbiter installation to determine that, since we don't know what the problem is yet.

Zebbieman said:
I do use orbiter sound, but I can't really see how that can effect the game.

Though Orbiter Sound is a very popular addon, it's important to note that it's not part of the core and can, though infrequently, cause problems during the normal operation of Orbiter. Almost all software has bugs or issues from time to time - never assume!

Zebbieman

Reaction score
There might be. We would need to see the logs from your Orbiter installation to determine that, since we don't know what the problem is yet.

Though Orbiter Sound is a very popular addon, it's important to note that it's not part of the core and can, though infrequently, cause problems during the normal operation of Orbiter. Almost all software has bugs or issues from time to time - never assume!

ok so I tried it without orbiter sound, does the same thing. If you would like to see the log than would you mind telling me where it may be?

Zebbieman

Reaction score

I believe I found the log thanks to meson800.
I have it in attached files.

Attachments

• Orbiter.log
    29 KB · Views: 16