Problem Orbiter Crashing reliably/Arrow VC disappearing/Scenario changing

Kaito

Orbiquiz Coordinator
Reaction score
Okay, so i've got three problems that all arose on my Trip to mars.
1) Orbiter Crashing Reliably
2) The Arrow VC disappearing
3) The Scenario placing me near the sun
CPU: Pentium DualCore 2.3 GHz
RAM: 3 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 8200M

Lets start with the first one: Even on a vanilla install, and orbiter shutdown properties set to "De-allocate memory", on every other startup of the (Current State) scenario, Orbiter will crash. By "every other", I mean I'll start it, quit, start it again, and Crash. Start it, it works, quit, start again, crash, etc, etc. I have temporarily fixed this by setting Orbiter to just terminate on quit.

These next two are inter-related. I use StateSaver to save my progress. Currently, I am flying an Arrow, with an XR2 attached, to Mars. I had a transX plan loaded, and I quit because my autoupdates was going to shut me down. When I reloaded the scenario (from current state), I moved the VC a little...and it disappeared. As did the whole ship. I didn't lose focus, it just refused to render. I also lost my TransX plan, which made me sad.

After bouncing back and forth between Current State and the one that StateSaver saved...I am suddenly placed REALLY close to the sun. I'll choose a scenario from StateSaver, play it for 2 seconds, quit, then go to current state..and BAM, im blinded by the sun.

I hope this has enough information to help me...
~Kaito

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
Also, in my experience the best shutdown type is either terminate or re-spawn, I think I read somewhere the Deallocater is a bit iffy... Personaly I go with re-spawn, as it saves me having to start up the launch pad again, but its a matter of personal preference.