Orbiter Distribution - downloadorbitersim.com

StableIT

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Greetings,

I am pressed for time due to work however I wanted to update that I have cleared all of the red tape to begin deployment of the Orbiter HTTP Downloads.

Essentially, we will be hosting all of the Orbiter related files that we can get our grubby little hands on (respectfully lol) and putting them on our new shiny vhost. Seth will naturally let us host his files on HTTP as well since they are too large for conventional solutions. This project is not that much unlike the Torrent Project in its ideals, this also is a community driven program from the ground up, there are clear plans for others to be able to support us by hosting files for OrbiterSim.

I have tested a download file system application and am ready to upgrade StableIT.org to include HTTP downloads in the very near future.

No catch, free downloads - workin with it and all.

Much love all, more information to come.

Eric

Last edited by a moderator:

StableIT

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Torrent System Description
I took a little time to make an overview of the Torrent System, it's located here and has more information on:
- How the system works.
- How files are delivered.
- How to mirror (host / seed) the files.

Free Developers Pages
I also finished nearly all of the work with the 'subsites'. These will be a resource for developers without a website to have one. There won't be any charges or forced banner ads on those pages. A page administrator (and team) can log into their page and control the content, post updates via blog and much more.

If you are interested in having one, contact me :)

Torrent Distribution Support
There are not too many copies of files out there floating around, anyone who wishes to host more copies and fill in blanks can watch the website as I'm working to get a live statistics feed running (if I can find all the darn monkey wrenches!).

HTTP Distribution Support
Once things are moving we will be desperately seeking individuals to help host copies of the files in compressed format over www resolvable means (such as on your web server). Our system is designed to randomly direct someone to a URL from the list of mirrors we compile. Each mirror will be mentioned / spotlighted on the website as appreciation for their help.

What Files We're Willing To Host
We have been focused on making the system work and debugging all of the details, so I haven't pushed the idea of hosting more content. Since its been a number of months and things are running smoothly, I'd like to welcome anyone who wishes to host their files with us to contact me. This is handy for instance if a developer wants to bundle a number of things but its too large to offer on other distribution systems due to overhead. We'll take the files and the community can help us promote the availability.

So that's a few notes, I'd love to hear thoughts, questions and alike :) Sorry for dragging on so long!

Eric

Last edited: