Orbiter Multiplayer beta tester!

Ren Dhark

Reaction score
Orbiter Multiplayer (OMP) Beta tester!

You got some spare time to seriously test new OMP releases?

If you willing to join the test team, we recommend:

• A clean OMP installation in a separated folder with ONLY recommended add-ons and vessels
  • Some spare time to fly on OMP about every second weekend for about one hour
  • Spare time to report your test result or bugs
  • Teamspeak is optional and will be use in missions
Know how to use the OMP client?
Join our [OMP] Orbiter Multiplayer group.
New information about test missions will be announced there!

New OMP Client has been released on 8th July 2015

Need pilots to test Face's new OMP 0.8.1 release! Join us on OMP.
Check omp.ddns.net for details and recommended Add-ons!

Still need new pilots and mission commanders for various missions!

Last edited:

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
I shall assist in this. XR2 Racing shall fly again!

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
To clarify, when setting this up we want to use the christmas release of Orbiter Sound, but the old release of UCGO, am I right? Because that's what the website is saying at the moment.

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
When my computer shows up by the end of the month, you can count me in, work schedule depending.

Raven

Reaction score
I'd like to join, if it's still open. I already have Teamspeak installed and should be able to devote the time. OMP needs to happen! I've never seen anyone online but would love to fly with real people.

Ren Dhark

Reaction score
To clarify, when setting this up we want to use the christmas release of Orbiter Sound, but the old release of UCGO, am I right? Because that's what the website is saying at the moment.

Yes, we use Orbiter Sound 4.0 but Universal Cars and Cargos 2.0 (UCGO), and its not "the christmas release of Orbiter Sound", its just the regular "Orbiter Sound 4.0" download.
We have been using Orbiter Sound 4.0 on OMP without any problems! For the coming up beta test we will still use UCGO 2.0 like saying on the website.

Last edited:

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Can you post estimated hours of testing (UTC preferably) I may have some time to actual flying.

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
I'd like to join, if it's still open. I already have Teamspeak installed and should be able to devote the time. OMP needs to happen! I've never seen anyone online but would love to fly with real people.

Agreed. However, all my previous attempts to get it to work were haunted by connection issues. Can't wait to test my chops in a furball... :stirpot:

Athena

Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen
Reaction score
Mind if i hop in as well? i won't be playing orbiter till the next week though. :compbash2:

Ren Dhark

Reaction score
Can you post estimated hours of testing (UTC preferably) I may have some time to actual flying.
and
I should be able to dedicate some time for beta testing, just let me know when the testing is.

OMP test flight #1:
Saturday, July 13, starting at 16.00h UTC (18.00h CEST)
See first post of this thread - will be continuously updated!

Maybe we can relaunch a social group for OMP beta tester and announce all needed information there?

We got over :11sign:registered, but not yet approved pilots for a coming up beta test.
:hailprobe: and thanks pilots for joining the team!

RacerX

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Who is going to manage the group though? I don't think carmen is coming back.

Last edited:

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
Firstly, CarmenA is, I'm fairly certain, female. (I know, women on the internet...) Secondly, for reasons which will probably for ever more remain her own, Carmen appears to have moved on. If memory serves the manner of her departure suggested that she had no intention of coming back. Having had time to look it over, I think she left because she became frustrated, feeling that she was the only one doing anything, when in fact the rest of us, I believe, were waiting for OMP to become more stable. Of course, most of this is just speculation from someone who watched it happen first hand, across about 3 or 4 threads. Also worth noting is that is would appear she has deleted all the orbiter videos from her channel.

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Firstly, CarmenA is, I'm fairly certain, female. (I know, women on the internet...) Secondly, for reasons which will probably for ever more remain her own, Carmen appears to have moved on. If memory serves the manner of her departure suggested that she had no intention of coming back. Having had time to look it over, I think she left because she became frustrated, feeling that she was the only one doing anything, when in fact the rest of us, I believe, were waiting for OMP to become more stable. Of course, most of this is just speculation from someone who watched it happen first hand, across about 3 or 4 threads. Also worth noting is that is would appear she has deleted all the orbiter videos from her channel.

Well, this is not really relevant to the question of whether or not to re-use the group. I just checked, and it is open and public, so I don't see a problem in using it, especially since Carmen seems to have left.

The question of managing it is a different one, of course. I could obviously manage it right away - given the mod status - but of course I will seek staff consensus on that matter first. Re-using it would make sense to me, given the very related topic, the original manager having probably left the community and the reduction of "social group spamming" for the multiplayer topic - which has a rather bad reputation in the community, I might add. There is also the "transfer group" option for the manager to hand-over control over the group to other members.

Does anybody have a real problem with re-using it?

RacerX

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
yes Face Me and Ren agreed in TS3 just now. Please manage it.

Last edited: